Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Centrino 6235 : BT_2.6.1210_e64 and Windows 8 Pro : Hkey_Local_Machine32 error

idata
Employee

Hello.

I am experiencing an hkey_local_machine32 setup error using bt_2.6.1210_e64 on Windows 8 pro.

It seems that this release is not compatible with Windows 8, despite of the ambiguous decription of this release.

(Compatible, not compatible ?).

Any idea for a solution ?

Thank you

The complete message is : &# 13; Could not open key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters.&# 13; Verify yhat you have sufficient acces to that key, or contact your support personnel.&# 13; &# 13; This key does not exist in Windows 8 x64. An the message occurs even with 'run as an administrator'.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Could you post screenshot or provide details of the error message you see on the screen?

-----

Disclaimer: Not speaking for Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having the same problem. tried to uninstall "Intel PROSet\Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 8" "BT_2.6.1210_e64.exe" from windows uninstall program , got the above error. now my Bluetooth functionality is unusable

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

if you have admin provilege on the system, try to uininstall. You can also Revo Uninstaller for example to force uninstall but risky. Best option is either uninstall with admin privilege.

After uninstall, you do not have to re-install Intel drivers unless your Bluetooth usage involves Bluetooth Low Energy and big file transfers. The native stack from MS provides HID, audio, printing, networking, dialup and basic file transfers.

---

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I cannot uninstall this bad driver from Driver Manager or Windows Uninstaller even I have Admin privilege.

I cannot even access this specific Registry entry from Windows RegEdit with logged in as admin. says permission denied.

looks like Intel software locked itself this registry entry and it cont even access itself.

any help in uninstalling this bad driver is greatly appreciated.

Environment : Windows 8 Pro. & Centrino 6235

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

+1 I'm having the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Not sure what could cause it. Looks like the installer messed up the access permission to that key? It might be worth trying 3rd party uninstallers like Revo Uninstaller to see if it cleanly uninstalls it. You should create a restore point before doing that. I think its risky to try such software. If you had created a restore point prior to installing the intel driver, then restoring it to that point should also work.

----

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem with a Hkey_Local_Machine32 error on a Windows 8 64-bit system. The problem is, there is no Hkey_Local_Machine32 key in the registry so the install or uninstall program won't finish since it can't update the non-existant key. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I had the same problem, but managed to update the driver yesterday after an hour or two of "trial and error".

What i did was the following:

• Open registry-editor and go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT"
  • Delete the key "Parameters". It will give you an error-message, because some keys can not be deleted.
  • Navigate through the keys which could not be deleted. There are a few, that give you an error-message.
  • Take ownership of these keys and give yourself full permissions.
  • Delete every single key of the left ones.
  • Delete the key "BTHPORT"

Now you should be able to install the updated bluetooth-driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you help me....

It seems that I can not have permission to delete keys.

I go to key/ right click/permission/add my windows 8 account/ click apply/ but I still have no permission...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Der Loony

I've tried that solution and manged to delete most keys under 'Parameters', but I can't seem to get certain keys such as 'ExceptionDB', 'ServiceGroups', and 'UnsupportedServices' deleted. it just throws errors and says that the permissions are read-only.

When I attempt to install the latest BT_2.6.1211_e64 drivers, it gets about half way through and begins rolling back automatically. The same happens if i try to repair or remove the existing drivers.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post.

If as described by other users the system restore was not an option for you then you can try running the Microsoft* clean up utility to clean out the corrupt registry entries associated with this software. See the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

0 Kudos
ATaul
Beginner

I have this issue and have tried everything suggested in this thread. I now have no drivers installed thanks to the Microsoft clean up utility but there are still registry entries that I can't delete that are preventing me from installing the drivers for this device ( USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869 ).

On startup, I receive a message that states:

On installing BT_2.6.1211_e64.exe I receive this error:

This is an HP dv7t-7000 laptop with retail version of Windows 8 installed on it. (Laptop came with Windows 7.)

Please help!

0 Kudos
ATaul
Beginner

Unfortunately, the installation for this version also fails. I ran it as administrator but received the same error message as I posted previously.

Any idea about other things I could try?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Actually I have been informed this is already under investigation and we will provide an update on this issue by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
ATaul
Beginner

Thanks, I will look forward to seeing a solution!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
ATaul
Beginner

Unfortunately, this also does not work. I continue to get the same error that I posted originally.

0 Kudos
ATaul
Beginner

Has there been any update on this issue? The most recent version of software drivers you linked does not install.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are still checking on this issue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos