Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Centrino Advanced N6235 bluetooth receive fail

EAdam3
Beginner

I ve installed 6235 to my notebook, everything is fine, but only my bluetooth cannot receive file from my phone, how can i do it? one more thing, it CAN send files to my phone though bluetooth.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This is by-design behavior. You may try sending multiple files at once.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Do you see "Receive a File' option if you click on the BT icon on the sys tray? It must be open before the remote device is sending the file to your system.

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

yes, but after click-in, the "bluetooth file transfer" comes out, and showing "waiting for a connection" but i can't click "next", and meanwhile the PC setting show i m connected my phone!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I did not see such option but I was able to transfer a couple of audio files from my phone. After sending the request from the phone I have got a "Receiving files" pop up window with the folder and device (phone) information; at the bottom I had "Accept" and "Reject" buttons.

Genie@@, please indicate what operating system, Intel® WiFi and Bluetooth* driver versions you have.

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

Windows 8 before, and now 8.1 also got the same, wifi ver.:15.10.3.2, BT: 3.0.24.40063

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

aha, the problem is solved, I had clicked on bluetooth button and press receive file, then, it started to receive my file from my phone. Thanks for your reply Joe

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

but the thing is that i need to press "receive file" in the bluetooth every time before i start to send file from phone, it's so stupid.

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

and now i have another problem, the wifi signal sometimes dropdown to only 2 or no signal, do i need to return it to your office for replacement?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

That is a different issue and we would like to maintain the discussion within the original subject.

Wireless signal could be affected by distance and objects like walls and other radio emitters between the computer and the access point. If that is not the case please contact your system manufacturer for assistance.

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

ok back to the main topic, I need to press in the bluetooth button and choose "receive file" every times, that i can send my medias from my phone, Is it too stupid?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This is by-design behavior. You may try sending multiple files at once.

0 Kudos
EAdam3
Beginner

Aha, it's work, and the latest upload is more friendly, Thz

0 Kudos