Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Centrino Ultimate N6300 AGN drops connections

JKing16
Beginner

Hi!

Today it worked for almost 5 hours.

Then the connection was dropped and Windows 8 reported "limited" connectivity.

I use the latest drivers.

Got Events 8000, 5002, 5005 and 5070 errors which are not explained as :

The description for Event ID 5002 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP59

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

If you have a whip please convene you developer team and harass them to solve this problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
88 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello jkingma.

Have you tried uninstalling the driver completely and then reinstall it?

Please indicate the status of the driver in device manager when the issue happens. Does it also happen in safe mode with networking?

0 Kudos
JKing16
Beginner

I think I already tried that but will make another attempt. Although I'm not sure it is possible to uninstall a network driver. It will be replaced my Microsoft own version won't it?

1) Doing a Uninstall with remove drivers.

2) Doing a restart ( just for kicks)

3) Installing Wireless_15.6.exe

4) reparing

5) restarting

6) windows 8 says "The connection is limited".

hm, so no I have no connection permanentely.

At least it is reproducable.

But I rather hat they other situation =)

7) restarting second time....

this connection was made. It seems the intel drivers are not able to make a proper connection after one reboot.

I'm wondering it I still get 5010 5002 and other errors:The problem is that your drivers don't have a description for these errors. Which makes trouble shooting tiresome. Unless of couse you can get down to the developers and provide a list for the NETwNe64 Source with the following IDs

Event ID5002 :

Event ID5005 :

Event ID5010 :

Just type them in your response. Other user can use these as well.

Thanks you for your co-operation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can uninstall the network driver, and then without rebooting the system install the new ones, this way you prevent Windows* from loading the base drivers.

There is no additional description for the event 5002 except "The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file." Which is generally described as a corruption/unsupported drivers.

In this case going through the uninstall/reinstall of the software/drivers is the best approach, but also to address the possibility of unsupported drivers you may want to install the tested drivers from your laptop manufacturer instead of our generic drivers.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I am also having this problem with a Clevo P370EM - I followed all of your instructions (uninstall then install drivers without reboot) and it is still dropping. The driver installed is - Driver Date 4/18/2013 Driver version 15.7.0.3

I am getting these issues in the event log -

-System

-Provider

[

Name] NETwNs64

-EventID5060

[

Qualifiers] 24576

Level4

Task0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[

SystemTime] 2013-07-03T18:33:48.808036700Z

EventRecordID30340

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did it work normally before? If so, what changed?

You may open cmd as administrator and run the commands below, then restart your system.

Netsh int ip reset

Netsh winsock reset

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en

Please check the articles below for other recommended troubleshooting steps:

How do I improve my 802.11n wireless performance?

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/CS-028449.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/CS-028449.htm

Access Point (AP) firmware updates may resolve wireless network issues

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

When it is hard wired to the network (using network card integrated on the motherboard) it works just fine. My laptop was working fine for 5 months being hard wired to my network in our winter home (recieved it 01/2013). When we came back to our summer home - and started using the 6300 - my system orginally would just freeze nothing worked - mouse - keyboard, etc.. I then uninstalled and then installed the most recent drivers (several times - reset the adapter - the system stopped freezing - but - I now get a lot of the errors in the log file on my original reply..

My router is on the current firmware - just to rule that out. Again - if I hard wire the laptop - no problems - using the wireless 6300 - reset it - the system does not freeze - but get a the errors above

Will reseting the TCP/IP and Winsock cause me any other potential issues - wanted to check that out before I do that.

I am current on all microsoft updates except for three optional updates for .NET and Client 4 .NET

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I am sorry - I forgot to mention that once I do reset the 6300 (disable and then enable) I am able to get out using the card - but - after a few hours - sometimes as long as 10 hours - I start getting those messages again. I then have to disable then enable to be able to use it again. I get the ! on the icon for the wireless adapter.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try the steps from the last two links above?

Update the router's firmware and make sure the wireless encryption is set to WPA(2)-AES, avoid any option that uses TKIP.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I am still getting a lot of errors in the event log along with the wireless card still needing to be reset. The errors I continue to get is (event id can be 8000, 5010, 5002) this last group created well over 500 of these events -

The description for Event ID 5010 from source NETwNs64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP18

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Thanks

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I have my laptop go to sleep - it appears that most of my problems is once the laptop wakes up and tries to do a backup of my laptop.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I did have the Encryption Alogrithm set to TKIP and AES on the router - I changed it to AES. I am already using WPA(2).

The router is already up to date with the firmware.

My 6300 advanced settings are already set based on the recommendations in your link above. But I do not have "Throughput enhancement" as an option.

Otherwise everything is as recommended.

I will see if I get any of the errors of NETwNs64 Errorcode 5060, 5002, 5010. I had them this morning and when I get them - there can be as many as 50 + or those in a row in the event log.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Just in case it is power related you may try disabling the power saving feature from device manager.

It is also a good option to check with the system manufacturer in case of hardware issue.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I did disable the power saving feature and I am still getting those events.

0 Kudos
dnguy23
Beginner

I also have this problem. My laptop is a Lenovo W530, same card, same error codes, same issues. I realized tried everything mentioned here (prior to visiting this page) and the problem never went away or got better for me.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I never have gotten back any kind or resolution to the problem. I have no idea what to do now.

0 Kudos
dnguy23
Beginner

I've just installed the latest driver (16.1.1 - came out Aug 7). While this driver decreased the amount of time to connect to a network, the drop still exists and often required me to manually disable Wireless adapater in Windows. It's also throwing the same error codes. And I notice it happens more often when I download something at my peak download speed (via internet download manager) - does not happen all the time, though.

0 Kudos
NBrit1
Beginner

I'm sorry I never gave more information about my specific setup. nqduy and I have the same Thinkpad w530:

Window 7 Professional SP1 (fully updated, against all odds with the horrid internet conditions on day 1)

Wifi Driver version 15.9.0.5 (as displayed in the Device Manager)

-After all system updates, I uninstalled the previous driver and then ran Wireless_16.1.1_Ds64.exe from intel's support page, without restarting as suggested here. (this never fixed anything for me with my old router)

My new router is running dd-wrt v24-sp2

Security Mode: WPA2 Personal (AES)

N-Only mode @ 40Mhz (300mbps)

My previous router which my laptop fails to keep a connection to (and for whom 4 other people have no problems) was only able to do WPA Personal (AES). Max speed 54 Mbps.

Nqduy, what kind of router are you using? How old is it?

0 Kudos
dnguy23
Beginner

I use 2 routers, one is the Verizon router/modem and the other one is the Trendnet 673-GRU. I have problems with both. I'm running N-mode only. I have an external wifi usb (Asus) which works fine - no issue at all. I'm running Windows 8, but I doubt the wireless components of the 2 Windows versions differ much.

0 Kudos
NBrit1
Beginner

Well it seems obvious that there is a problem with the driver, since other laptops work fine on the routers we have trouble with. But if my problem is the same as everyone elses, then it can be solved on the router end somehow.

I do not know what exactly has allowed mine to work with my Buffalo router, or why it didn't work before. I've tried changing all my settings (security mode, wifi mode, bandwidth) to see where it breaks, but I haven't had any luck so far.

If anyone has any ideas, I will try to remain available to help if I can.

0 Kudos
DOren1
Beginner

I also have a Verizon router which I identified once before.

I had to go out, buy and now I am the Edimax EW-7822UAC USB 3 Dual Band USB adapter since I am unable to get the 6300 to work for any longer than a couple of hours. I also use the BR-6478AC AC1200 wireless dual band gigabit router but only as an access point as my Verizon router is used for internett acess and asigning the IP addresses on my home network. I wanted to take advantage of the AC mode and higher speed.

I believe that it is the not the adapter itself as it is the drivers. This is where I get all the errors - sometimes so many and after a while it just uses up the 32 gig of memory on my laptop that it phyicially locks up my laptop.on.

I really hope something can be done with this adapter.

0 Kudos