Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Centrino Wifi Disconnects = "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped" in Event Log

idata
Employee

With regards to my ongoing problems with my wifi dropping connection with Centrino 6205 Advanced N 6205

Today I had 4 dropped connections within 30 minutes. This is a real pain as I have a remote connection to servers which I need to re-connect to each time.

Looking into the Event log at each time the connection was dropped there is an Warning entry in the Administrative Events log:

Event Source: WLAN-AutoConfig

Event ID: 10002

Details:

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\Windows\System32\IWMSSvc.dll

This dll IWMSSvc.dll refers to is Intel ProSet Wireless Service. I have also enabled the logging Wireless Event logging but there is nothing mentioned at the time of these 4 dropped connections.

I am including the information from the event log in case it is useful for Intel support.

-System

-Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig[ Guid] {9580D7DD-0379-4658-9870-D5BE7D52D6DE}

EventID10002Version0Level3Task0Opcode0Keywords0x4000000000000000-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-08-28T12:52:39.525957500ZEventRecordID123196</td...
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Good observation and good research! Hope this will be helpful to Intel driver programmers. Wake up, guys!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Still no comment from Intel regarding this problem. Still happening!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm experiencing the same problem. My device is a Zenbook UX32VD running Windows 8. The same DLL pops up in the logbooks and sometimes it stays connected, but most of the time it won't even connect to my access point. The AP is 802.11n by Cisco (small business). I don't want to switch networkcards because it did work very well for a while (running Windows 7 and later Windows 8 for a short time). I'm looking forward to any replies!

0 Kudos
EWeic
Beginner

Wow... While I hate to dust off an old thread, but two years later and no solution? What is wrong over at Intel? Well I'm feeling better about this being an easy fix already! /sarcasm I'm having the same issue on a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 8.1. The only suggested solution I came across so far was to uninstall the Intel drivers and let Windows install generic ones. I haven't had a chance to do this yet to see if it works.

It's a shame to drop so much on a high-end computer only to have it delivered to you with a vital flaw. It sickens me that there has been no input from the manufacturer on this.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We have few adapters of the same model here but we have never experienced this issue.

Could this be caused by a corrupt dll file? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 16.11? This is the latest version for this adapter.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

I also wonder, does this disconnection affect the status of the driver or the adapter just disassociates from the AP?

Please indicate what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

0 Kudos
TYeh6
Beginner

This still happen to me, also. The fact people read this post and Intel never responded since Aug 28, 2012, until almost 2 years later, does said alot.

And the warning and error still continue to show in the Event Viewer.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Besides trying a clean installation of the latest driver version (17.1.0), I suggest you other means to repair your operating system since this error is not exclusive to Intel® wireless adapters.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

0 Kudos