Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Code 10 Error Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz

VK2
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Acer SF314-55G running Windows 10 64-bit.

For the last 1 week, I've been facing this issue with my WiFi driver which is Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz. The device manager shows an error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful."

It started one week ago, My WiFi wasn't working and I wasn't seeing an option to connect to any WiFi network so I restarted my computer. It came back and then Windows did a few updates as well. It was working fine for a few hours but then again the WiFi was gone. I tried a network reset a few times which would fix the problem for a few hours but it kept happening and then eventually it stopped working altogether.

I have searched a lot online to find a solution but nothing has worked for me so far.
I have tried disabling and enabling drivers, updating drivers, installing drivers from Acer's website, doing a clean installation of wireless and bluetooth drivers of the latest version from Intel's website, uninstalling Windows updates, installing Windows updates, setting BIOS settings to default, resetting network settings. Nothing has worked. I'm now considering doing a reset of the system and doing a clean install of Windows as a last option before I give up and contact the device manufacturer. I would really appreciate if someone can help me out.
Attached is the SSU scan.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @VK2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regards to this behavior, as a first approach, we recommend performing a Cold reboot of the system. This refers to fully shut down the device and remove all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.

If the issue persists proceed with the following steps:

1- Install all available Windows Updates.

2- Perform a clean installation of both the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers using the customized drivers from Acer*:

Note: We noticed you mentioned you tried a clean installation before. However, we just want to make sure the proper process has been followed:

2.1- Download and save to your computer the Acer* Drivers

• Wireless LAN Driver Version: 20.70.0.5
  • Bluetooth Driver Version: 20.60.0.4

To avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet.

2.2- Follow the next steps on this link for a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers. Install the Bluetooth driver first, and then the Wireless driver. 

2.3- Reboot the PC

2.4- If the issue persists, you can repeat the process using the latest generic drivers from Intel:

If your system is still showing the error, our recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM) Acer* for additional support. For your convenience, here is the link to ACER* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jaja
Beginner

I got the same problem with ASUS  VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X571GD_F571GD, I have try to update the driver from the asus, update latest driver from intel version 22.60 and try to reinstall the windows (it's run for a day, but next day after windows update run, it gets back with the same error). but no hope also. 

This problem happen from last month. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jaja

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

If your system is also experiencing a Code 10 error on the Intel® Wireless Adapter, we recommend following the previous steps suggested to VK2 and in the order we recommended. For step 2.1 you should try the customized drivers from ASUS* website:

• Intel® WLAN Driver Version V22.30.0.11
  • Intel® Bluetooth Driver V22.30.0.4

If after following all the recommended steps in the proper order the device is still having this issue, we recommend contacting ASUS* Support for additional debugging and support (considering you already even tried to reinstall the operating system).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VK2

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Did the steps help to solve the behavior?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VK2
Beginner

Hi Andrew, I didn't get a chance to try. Will be tryin in the next 2-3 days. Will let you know. Thanks

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Hello there, I have experienced the similar problem in July last week with the same Intel AC-9560 WiFi card with my Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I tried every solution given in every forums on the net, none of them worked, one of them worked for sometime which was full shutdown and electric discharge. Here are the steps:

So what you do is,

1.First shut down the Computer normally as you would do from Windows Start menu.

2.After it is fully shutdown, Press your laptops power button for at least 30 seconds (NOTE: Computer will turn on for few seconds and then it will turn off too, that's fine)

3.Then turn the computer ON and check the connectivity again. 

This method worked for me just for 10 seconds then again it went off, also the Device manager was showing the network driver name Intel WiFi AX-201 160MHz instead of Intel AC-9560.

I was so fed up, that I went to service center And I got free replacement for my WiFi card as my laptop was in warranty. You should also go to the service center if your laptop is in warranty and get the repairs done. If you anyone is curious then my New WiFi card is Realtek 8822CE which has same functionality and performance. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VK2

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the recommendations in our previous post or the recommendations provided by the community. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VK2
Beginner

Hi Andrew, yes I did try but unfortunately it did not work. I'll be contacting my OEM for support now. I think it must be some fault in the WiFi card. My laptop is not in thee warranty period anymore so I'll probably have to pay to get the replacement. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VK2

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to know that the behavior persists. However, based on all the steps that we tried, we also agree that the best thing to do now is to contact your OEM for further assistance. We hope they help to find a resolution.

Since you will continue working with your OEM now, we will proceed to close this thread now from our end. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos