Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Connecting to a WPA2-Enterprise network using Intel PROset/Wireless result in an error, yet connecting via Windows is OK.

CSwin
Beginner

Hi All,

I work in a University and we use a shared wi-fi network called eduroam. This is a WPA2-Enterprise network but trying to connect using the Intel PROset software wont work (re-building a Windows 7 image). However, following the specific guide to connect via Windows allows me to connect without issue. However, as soon as I try to then connect via the Intel PROset software, the connection breaks. I would then have to delete the Windows profile and re-create manually. Creating the Profile in PROset doesn't work either.

When the connection breaks and I try to connect via Windows I get this error:

The server "my.auth.server.com" presented a valid certificate issued by "My Certificate Authority", but "My Certificate Authority" is not configured as a valid trust anchor for this profile. Further, the server "my.auth.server.com" is not configured as a valid NPS server to connect to for this profile.

Now here the rub. I have managed to set this up on these laptops before, I have exported a profile from PROset on a machine that connects OK, to the re-imaged Windows 7 machine, but I I still end up with the same issue. I just can't remember how I manage to create this ability for PROset to connect previous, although I do remember if was a hell of a faf.

The Uni won't help as all is OK through the normal Windows connection. So why not use just the Windows Managed method. Well, I like the additional feature provided by PROset, and the fact that I HAVE managed to set this up in the pas on my old image, I would like to reset it up again on the new.

Any help would be welcome.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Swinter,

We are going to check on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing this issue with us here.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Swinster,

Thank you for your time. It seems that this particular issue may be caused by your NPS (Network Police Server). You are welcome to check this link for further information on this matter: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732912.aspx Network Policy Server - We recommend that you check with your IT if the authentication used by the server is not letting the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software connect properly. Add the PROSet profile to the server data base and see what happens.

For your convenience and further information only, we would like for you to take a look at information in this link: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/authentication-server What is authentication server? - Definition from WhatIs.com

As another option, you can also use diskpart from command prompt. Here is a guide: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command - Windows 7 Help Forums

*Please note that these links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

0 Kudos
CSwin
Beginner

Hey Aleki,

Can you explain to me what is the purpose of attempting to delete all partitions on a disk in order to attempt to fix a wireless authentication problem?

With regards to that actual issue, what I do not get is the fact that I was able to connect to the same wireless network, from the same hardware, but on a previously built image using the Intel Wireless PROset. I have just rebuilt the image and have used the latest Intel Wireless PROset driver from your site, but have run into this issue. So, the fact that these machines could connect, must mean the the PROset software should be able to work. So, what gives?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Swinster,

What type of encryption do you have? AES/TKIP

Please, make sure you have AES en both wireless profile and router

0 Kudos