Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Connector 1 and 2 on AC 3165 NGW

VNguy18
Beginner

The AC 3165 NGW wireless card has two connectors labeled "1 AUX" and "2 Main". What differentiates these two connectors? Are these two connections for transmission and one for receiving? And which one to transmit and which to receive?

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VNguy18, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. To answer your question, the main is used for WiFi while the AUX is used for Bluetooth*, they both need to be connected to have both Bluetooth* and WiFi working. Keep in mind that we do not recommend or support wireless integration, if you are thinking of changing the wireless adapter it is recommended to contact the manufacturer of your system for assistance. More information in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VNguy18
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. However, I still wonder if the connector 1 used for WiFi is a two-way connection, both transfer and receiver, right? And what is the output power of WiFi?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VNguy18, Thank you for your response. Let me check that information for your since it is not in the common documentation we have for the product, allow me some time and I will respond as soon as possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VNguy18, Thank you for patiently waiting. Wireless antennas are generally provided by each computer manufacturer, as they will need to fit each computer and may be subject to country-specific regulatory requirements. The power and field strength are dependent to the Antenna of each computer manufacturer's system therefore you have to check with your system manufacturer. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos