Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Connector of Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 NGW

NFoll
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know the type of connector is used to connect the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 NGW card to the intern wifi antenna.

This card is the default one on my computer.

I accidentally broke the connector on the cable while I was changing my CPU fan.

For that reason, I would like to replace the antenna, or a least the cable between the antenna and the wifi card, but I can't find its type of connector.

Could you help me please ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Meodo,

We understand you're looking for a replacement antenna for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, M.2.

When it comes to antenna replacements we highly recommend engaging your computer or motherboard manufacturer to purchase spare parts, ensuring full compatibility.

This is the information we have available:

The M.2 form factor Intel® Wireless Adapters use the standard 2x2 mm size RF micro coaxial receptacle (connector) with an outer diameter of 1.5 mm. Specific plugs should be selected to suit the assembly allowable mating height and cable diameter. Refer to the PCI-E M.2 Specification for the minimum requirements of the compatible RF connectors and mating plugs.

You can also find more information regarding your adapter in our https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/August_2016_Intel_WiFi_Adapter_Information_Guide.pdf 2016 Wireless Adapter Information Guide document, page 41.

Good keywords to search for this parts online are "M.2 wireless antenna" or "NGFF antenna."

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Meodo,

We understand you're looking for a replacement antenna for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, M.2.

When it comes to antenna replacements we highly recommend engaging your computer or motherboard manufacturer to purchase spare parts, ensuring full compatibility.

This is the information we have available:

The M.2 form factor Intel® Wireless Adapters use the standard 2x2 mm size RF micro coaxial receptacle (connector) with an outer diameter of 1.5 mm. Specific plugs should be selected to suit the assembly allowable mating height and cable diameter. Refer to the PCI-E M.2 Specification for the minimum requirements of the compatible RF connectors and mating plugs.

You can also find more information regarding your adapter in our https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/August_2016_Intel_WiFi_Adapter_Information_Guide.pdf 2016 Wireless Adapter Information Guide document, page 41.

Good keywords to search for this parts online are "M.2 wireless antenna" or "NGFF antenna."

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
NFoll
Beginner

It helps me a lot,

I will try to contact the constructor (MSI) to see if I can pass by them to replace my antenna.

If it is not possible,I will try to find somewhere else.

Thanks a lot for your answer Carlos A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Meodo,

We're always glad to help.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A
0 Kudos