Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7442 Discussions

Dekstop adapter kit for Intel 9260 or AX200 card

ARose16
Beginner

Hello, I'm looking for a desktop adapter kit (M2 to pci e) to use an intel 9260 wifi + Bluetooth 5. Does anyone has a reliable product to suggest ? Intel had a kit but for M2 connections directly attached to the Motherboard. I'm looking to use it in a PCI express slot on a Windows 10 pro machine. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello ARose16

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

I am noticing that you are looking to complete integrations on your desktop board in this case bear in mind that we don't recommend completing ingratiations on the system as mentioned on the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

For more details about the motherboard compatibility, we recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Wireless-AC 9260 card requires two interfaces:

1. To support the Wireless capability, a PCIe lane is required. Obviously, this will be available in a x1/x2/x4/x8/x16 PCIe slot.
  2. To support the Bluetooth capability, a USB 2.0 interface is required. This is *not* available in any PCIe slots.

Bottom line, provided its M.2 slot is Type A/E and it provides antenna hookups, you could use a M.2 to PCIe adapter to access the Wireless capabilities of the Wireless-AC 9260 card. With this adapter, unless it provides an alternate way to supply a USB 2.0 interface, you cannot use it to access the Bluetooth capability of the Wireless-AC 9260 card.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ARose16
Beginner

@n.scott.pearson​  Thanks for your answer. That's indeed what I need and I was hoping that anyone could suggest a good quality M2 to PCI E adapter that has USB 2 connexion (to connect to the motherboard)

The Motherboard is a ASUS WS Z390 Pro (Intel i9 processor). Are those M2 to PCIE supposed to be just "passive" boards (i.e Requiring no drivers ? )

I guess this kind of adapter should work: https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Bluetooth-Orange-Juice-Technology/dp/B0789GN51T

I would have preferred to have an intel branded adapter to avoid any compatibility issue.

Any recommendation or link would be welcome thanks !

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Support for NVMe is provided in the BIOS​. The adapter is essentially passive.

This adapter looks like it might do the trick​. You do have to have an internal motherboard USB header to connect it up.

...S

0 Kudos