Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7526 Discussions

Dell Latitude 7440 with Intel AX211 - Bluetooth headset - Speaker work, but microphone drops

mvalpreda
Beginner

Dell Latitude 7440 - fully Dell and Windows 11 patched with soldered AX211 - Bluetooth headset microphone will work fine after it is paired, and after a reboot. Go to sleep or hibernate, and the microphone is gone. Either have to re-pair or reboot. Both are annoying and inconvenient.

The mic will still show as a device, but does not pick up any sound in Control Panel, Teams, Zoom, etc.

I have tried restarting all the Bluetooth services with no change.

Tried 22.190.0.2, 22.200.0.2, and 22.230.0.2 from Dell directly. Also tried 22.250.0.2 from Intel. I get the same results, but do seem to have the best luck with the 22.190.0.2 drivers.

Firmware: 3718a3fe0a01001c17

The same headsets works on a Dell Optiplex 7090 with a (non-Intel) USB Bluetooth adapter.

Convinced it is an Intel driver issue with the AX211 just like many other threads in here.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @mvalpreda  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for the information provided. 

In this case, perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver. If it doesn't work with the generic driver, try this step with your System Manufacturer's driver. 

Did you check under "Sound Settings" of your Windows if the chosen input device is correct? 

If the issue persists after doing the previous steps, please attach the SSU report of your system, so we can investigate further: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @mvalpreda     

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
mvalpreda
Beginner

@Jocelyn_Intel 

I have performed those tasks previously with no luck. All versions of the Bluetooth drivers cause an issue after a random amount of time. The Bluetooth output will be fine, but the input on the microphone does not work. A reboot will fix it for a while, but after a random amount of time, the microphone on any devices will stop working. If I unpair and pair again, it works. Nothing changes on any settings. 

You linked the wireless drivers - but the wifi is not an issue. 

Attached is the scan from the System Support Utility.

0 Kudos
doma2
Beginner
Was the issue resolved by support?
0 Kudos
TomMK
Beginner

Hi - I too am having a very similar issue with bluetooth audio devices on my new Dell Latitude 5440 with Intel AX211 chip. After boot, they generally work for a while but after an hour or so they begin to malfunction. Sometimes the microphone stops working or sometimes it is the speaker. I use a Poly V5200 headset and Bose NC700 headphones. Just tonight I connected both and when I toggled back and forth sound would only be heard from the Poly V5200 even though the Bose NC700 would show as active. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the PC.

This problem is VERY frustrating to say the least. I can pair these devices with my phone or Mac and do NOT have these issues. I've attached the SSU.txt per instructions above.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @mvalpreda  

Thank you for the information provided. 

We understand you have opened a web portal case with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TomMK  

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.    

Since you have a different system and environment, we recommend you to open your own thread describing the issue and system details so we can help you in a more personalized way. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos