I have recently purchased a Dell latitude E5570 along with the Dell WLD-15 Wireless Docking Station. What I did not know at the time of purchase is that I needed a specific network adapter. I have since then purchased the Dell Tri-band Wireless-AC 18260 and I have installed the network card. Now I can see the Wireless docking station however I am unable to connect to the docking station. I have installed the Driver package for Windows 10 along with the Docking station manager software, this all seems to be working properly however I am still unable to connect to the docking station.
Upon further research it appears that I need not only the network adapter but also the Intel Wireless Gigabit Sink W13100. I am rather perplexed with this as well, is this the card that is inside the wireless docking station or is it a WWAN card inside the laptop that supplies the WiGiG functionality to the docking station. The way I read it on the Intel's site it sounds like this is a network adapter that I need in the client device located in the WWAN card slot.
We understand you have recently upgraded your wireless card in order to connect to your wireless dock. Please bear in mind that custom wireless integrations are not supported. If the upgrade was authorized by your computer manufacturer, they will be your main support provider.
- http://www.Intel®.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade.
For this adapter to work, you will need to make sure that all three antennas are properly installed. Antenna 1 and 2 are used for wireless networking and Bluetooth*, these are the same used for regular wireless adapters. The third antenna, which should be the Intel® Wireless Gigabit Antenna-M 10041R, is slightly larger and will be used for WiGig communications. Without this third special antenna, wireless docking will not be possible.
An Intel® Wireless Gigabit Sink is not required, as this component should already be integrated inside of your wireless docking station.
- http://www.Intel®.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/tri-band-wireless-ac-wigig-18260-product-brief.html Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260 Product Brief.
Hardware considerations aside, you will also need to download the latest wireless drivers and wireless dock manager from your computer manufacturer:
- http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e5570-laptop/drivers/adva... Support downloads for Dell Latitude E5570* (Select your OS, expand Network category).
The following links may also help:
- https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN296330/how-to-use-and-troubleshoot-the-dell-wireles... How to use and Troubleshoot the Dell Wireless Docking Station WLD15*.
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006176.html Intel® Wireless Docking Troubleshooting Guide.
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel®® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
We hope this information helps.