Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Difference between Wireless AC 7260HMW and 7260HMW AN and 7260HMW BN/NB

NThan9
Beginner

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NThan9
Beginner

Ok i have learned that NB versions doesnt have Bluetooth, but they dont mentoin difference between 7260HMW and 7260HMW AN

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Read the document again: there is difference in speed. AC7260HMW AN 300 Mbps, while AC7260HMW 300/867 Mbps. In my opinion those speed data depends on implementation and hardware configuration.

Leon

NThan9
Beginner

Thanks so much, but there is another question, what is difference between AUX and WLAN?Untitled2.pngUntitled.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Really I don't know. The Intel WiFi adapters that I know usually have coaxial connectors with MAIN and AUX identification. The MAIN connector is serving 5.4GHz WiFi, while the AUX (auxiliary), is serving Bluetooth and 2.4GHz WiFi
  2. You probably know the meaning of WLAN - Wireless Local Area Network. Often used to label Access Point to internet. I'm not sure that this is an Intel product.

Leon

0 Kudos
NThan9
Beginner

Ok i will wait for more answers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello NThan9,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

The information provided by LWAKSMAN is correct. To answer your question, the antennas typically come with MAIN and AUX as LWAKSMAN mentioned; in this case, WLAN would be "MAIN", which is intended for Wi-Fi and AUX is Bluetooth. 

It is important to contact your system manufacturer so they can give you more insight on how to connect the antennas, or if the Wireless adapter is actually compatible and validated for use in your system, check the link below for more details:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

I hope this helps.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
NThan9
Beginner
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello NThan9,

Thank you for your response.

The wireless adapter should support 5GHz, as mentioned however, I strongly recommend contacting the system manufacturer for instructions on how to setup and connect the Antennas. 

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
NThan9
Beginner

Ok, One more question, which cable i connect to which socket? on the card there are sockets 1 and 2 and on my laptop cables white and black

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Connect antenna with white cable to socket no 1 and the black cable to socket no 2.

Leon

0 Kudos
NThan9
Beginner

I Installed normal one with aux and main and it works perfectly! Thank you all for help!

0 Kudos