Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Disabling 5Ghz on Dual Band AC 8265 adapter

Yoav
Beginner

Hi all,

We have the above adapter incorporated into our product which runs Ubuntu Linux 18.04 provided by nVidia on a Jetson Nano board.

To communicate with a host machine, we use WIFI communication on the 2.4Ghz band. To minimize interference, we would like to disable any outgoing emissions on the 5Ghz band.

AFAIK, to look for available Access Points to offer to the user, the adapter periodically emits probe requests on both bands.

We tried to disable the 5Ghz band by using the iwconfig or modprob utilities, but to no avail.

I tried also disconnecting any one of the two antenna that we connect to the "1" and "2" terminals, but it seems the 5Ghz probe requests are sent on any of the two.

Is there any way to disable 5Ghz band while leaving the 2.4Ghz band enabled? 

Thanks for any info on the subject,

Yoav.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Yoav

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Let me investigate this request and I will post the updates on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We don't recommend disabling features/components on our wireless cards as it may impact the product performance, you can contact the OEM for further recommendations as this is associated with antenna/connectors. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos