Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Do intel wirless ac9650 support monitor mode?

PSood4
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you ask if it is supporting WiFi Miracast, the answer is yes : https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-9560-brief.pdf

leon

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello PSood4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I was checking this thread and I would like to know if the details provided by LWAKSMAN was the information you were looking for.

In case you mean "Monitor mode" as the capability of monitoring traffic received on a wireless card I would like to mention the following:

For Windows®, monitor mode and package injection are not supported on Intel wireless adapters. This also applies to the promiscuous mode.

Also, you can run the following command line that will return what is and is not supported in the Intel® Wireless Adapter:

• netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities

Linux does support monitor mode but depends on the Linux driver. To know which one, you will have to go and check directly with the WIFI Linux community or with the Linux forum based on the Linux distro running in the system.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

AndrewG_Intel

Hello PSood4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos