Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Does 17265 work without the DisplayPort channels ?

CVlad
Novice

Hi,

I have noticed that the DisplayPort channels of the M.2 connector are used by Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265.

Bellow are some pictures that helped me figure out the pinout.

What are the DisplayPort channels used for ?

Will the module's WiGig adapter, still work if the DP channels are not connected ?

Are DP channels used to offload data off PCIe1 when a display device is attached over WiGig ?

Will display devices attached over WiGig still work if only the PCIe1 is connected (no DP) ?

I would try them myself, but I can't do it yet and I'm trying to some research in advance.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CVlad
Novice

I have finally got all I needed. Sorry for the delay.

The answer is yes, the adapter will work without the DisplayPort bus, but it won't be able to connect display devices over the WiGig.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Chris_DB,

As much as we would like to help, this type of information is only available to developers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), as it is considered priviledged.

Our best recommendation will be to contact your computer manufacturer.

If your OEM is unable to provide you with an answer, there is always the option for you to test the adapter on your own. While it's very likely that it will either work or or not, there's also the possibility that it may damage your adapter, computer, or both. So please proceed with caution, knowing that you're doing so at your own risk.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
CVlad
Novice

The adapter worked without the DisplayPort channels.

I can't confirm yet if display devices will work properly over WiGig.

I'll get back to this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris_DB,

Thank you for sharing your findings.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
CVlad
Novice

I have finally got all I needed. Sorry for the delay.

The answer is yes, the adapter will work without the DisplayPort bus, but it won't be able to connect display devices over the WiGig.

0 Kudos