Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Does Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 compatible with my Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN laptop?

AlgoProxima
Novice

Hi guys

Can you please tell me if Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 Module is compatible with my Lenovo Y520-15IKBN?

Laptop specifications is attached

Thank you for your answer!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlgoProxima
Novice

Ok so I got AX210 adapter installed on my Y520 and so far so good: WiFi works fine, BT works fine. Haven't tried wifi6 yet. Will reply here after buying some router with wifi6 support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your laptop has a M.2 Type E connector, which means it is physically compatible with AX200 (AX200NGW) and AX210 (AX210NGW) adapters. 

There is a 'but'. According to the spec sheet you attached, it says that 'some' cards can be used. That makes me nervous. You will need to ask Lenovo about this. You need to ensure that they haven't done anything slimy like using Inclusion/Exclusion Lists in their BIOS.

Hope this helps,

...S

AlgoProxima
Novice

Ok so I got AX210 adapter installed on my Y520 and so far so good: WiFi works fine, BT works fine. Haven't tried wifi6 yet. Will reply here after buying some router with wifi6 support

pi4a7a
Beginner

Coming from a guy who targeted the same upgrade, that sounds great! Can you share more information on how it's been so far? Which BIOS version are you using? Any driver related problems?

0 Kudos
AlgoProxima
Novice

No matter what BIOS ver you are using. Everything works fine, no driver related problems. WiFI6 also works perfect with my new ASUS router