Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Does Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 support Bluetooth 5 Long Range (coded phys) and 2Mb mode?

TCork
Beginner

Just curious because the spec sheet kinda is ambiguous.

Bluetooth+ 5 provides 4x4 range over BT4.2 with the same power, enabling coverage throughout the home. BT5 also doubles the transmit speed for faster transmissions thereby reducing the overall power.4 Additionally, BT5 adds new enhanced data broadcasting enabling seamless services such as location-based services and simpler pairing for BT devices.

It doesn't specifically say if it supports both those features just announces Bluetooth 5 new features. (Which I believe Long Range & 2Mbps modes aren't required to be included in a BT5 enabled product so its up to the manufacturer)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
TCork, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In reference to your question, the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 supports Bluetooth 5 as you can verify in the link below, but I will confirm if in fact supports Long Range (coded phys) and 2Mb mode also, as soon as I validated that information I will post all the details on this thread: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/99445/intel-wireless-ac-9260.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TCork
Beginner

Thanks for the response! I look forward to hearing back with your findings.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
TCork, You are very welcome. I just received an update on this matter and we can confirm that Long Range (coded phys) and 2Mb mode are supported by the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 and Bluetooth 5. Any more questions, please let us know. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos