I was having problems with my network and so I decided to try this network reset option in the network options of Windows 10. Anyways after it reset wireless no longer works and trying the drivers from Intel's site does absolutely nothing. Please help I really dont want to be stuck to Ethernet.
In order to help with this situation, we do need more detailed information on this issue so we have a few questions.
1. How did you do this reset?
2. Could you tell us the steps you took for it?
3. Is this wireless adapter the one installed by factory?
4. What exactly is not working? Bluetooth? Wireless?
5. Can you see the adapter in Device Manager?
6. What is the current driver version installed?
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon so we can assist you.
1. Went to network settings at bottom right, clicked on status, then network reset. Said it would reinstall the drivers for me.
2. Just did.
3. It is installed by CyberPowerPC. It was made on the site, they put it together and then sent it to me when it was finished.
4. Wireless I could care less if bluetooth is.
5. I did b4 installing the latest version of whatever is on your driver site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10
6. Just posted it up above.
7. I literally just need the driver to install it on the computer, the disc they have sent me is a windows 8 only version and tells me it fails when attempting to install WLAN.
Thank you for the detailed information and confirmation on the drivers used. We will do our best to assist you with this inconvenience, but before we go any further, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support Integration. Please access this link for further information on this matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wa... Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade
If this computer is a desktop, make sure it has a desktop version of this adapter installed as the laptop version may not meet the necessary requirements in order to work as it should. Check these links:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-deskto... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-deskto... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop - Product Brief
If the adapter is installed in a laptop. We recommend to contact the computer manufacturer and see if they have any driver updates for this adapter. Through this link, you may find your computer manufacturer contact information:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
On both cases above, as a second option, you may try a clean installation of the drivers. Here is how you can do it:
1. Install and save the drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 package version: 19.10.0. The driver version for this adapter for this adapter in package is the 126.96.36.199 - It's important to confirm the architecture of the OS (32 or 64 Bit) before installing it so you can install the one accordingly.
2. Then, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.
Sadly none of this helped. I had a problem similar to this with a different 802.11ac, and I managed to get the installation disc from someone and it fixed the problem. If there is anyway I could receive the driver via proof of purchase I really need it. Without it Im stuck to ethernet.
We just released a new package version today. Here are the link to it:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26346/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - Package version: 19.20.0 could you be so kind and try this one?
Through this link you can find the drivers for Windows*8: Intel® https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24863/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins version: 17.16.0
In you need only the INF file only, you can find it through the IT Admin link:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24874/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Ad... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins version: 17.16.0
Let us know if this helped you.
Please, help us understand what you are looking for. Intel does not provide CD containing drivers. All drivers for all of Intel® Wireless Adapters are in our download center and we will be more than glad to assist you getting the right drivers to make sure your connectivity will work as it should.
Are you experiencing any type of connectivity situation with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 on a computer running Windows*8?