Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Does the AX200 Wi-Fi6 adapter has the support for monitor mode

BGopu
Novice

AX200 wi-fi6 adapter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please read the Experience the Intel Difference section, I correctly understand, the monitor mode is supported in both: Pre-Boot environment and in Windows environment: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/wi-fi-6-ax200-module-brief.pdf

Leon

0 Kudos
BGopu
Novice

Can i capture the beacon frames of surrounded APs using the AX200 Wi-Fi6 adapter

AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello BGopu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

In regards to your second question, I will further investigate this please allow me some time to get back to you.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BGopu
Novice

Sure Adrianx. Thanks for response.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello BGopu,

I would like to update the thread.

That feature is not supported on Windows if you want to confirm or review what features are supported you can run the netsh commands for instance: netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities

For Linux depending on the Linux driver it will be supported but for more details about Linux drivers, we recommend you to contact Linux support in case you want to use confirm it.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
IFuXwiTuZ
Beginner

I just wanted to say Intel Whatever customer service provider you guys are a bunch of n00bs

en:users:drivers:iwlwifi [Linux Wireless] (kernel.org)

im assuming you need this to work for sniffing so here you go

0 Kudos