Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Does the Intel Centrino N-2230 support AD2P audio?

LChri3
Beginner

I have searched Intel's site and they show nothing more than basic info. It supports Bluetooth 4.0. I have been unsuccessful searching the BT spec site either. I must be doing something wrong with my search terms because neither GOOGLE or BING search finds anything definitive either.

I purchased Sennheiser MM-450X headphones. They paired, connected and worked once. After turning them off and back on my laptop shows them paired but not connected. Sound continues on the laptop speaker. Then I try again and they connect but the sound is garbled like I am too far from the radio but I am in front of the laptop, then sound drops back to the laptop speakers even though BT says the headphones are connected. I can control song play in iTunes but sounds is from my PC. (I know that's a PC maker issue.)

The headphones are BT 2.0 w/AD2P so should work fine on BT 4.0.

I had Logitech headphones so removed them as a device. No change.

I removed the pairing and reconnected with no luck either. I now have to un-pair and re-pair to get the headphones connected at all and then the sound is garbled. The battery is fully charged.

All is good with the adapter and headphones in device manager - both show working.

I updated drivers at HP (my PC maker) then at Intel and neither changed the results. There are no drivers for the headphones from Sennheiser.

That is all my process but the real question is if the N-2230 supports BT AD2P as that is the first thing Sennheiser says to check.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

chrisl4,

We recommend to verify the Bluetooth* profile with the headset manufacturer. what is your OS? Please check this link as it contains information that might help you resolve this issue: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html?wapkw=linux+drivers+support+for+wireless Bluetooth® FAQ

0 Kudos
LChri3
Beginner

Aleki,

Thank you for replying. As correction, I meant A2DP. As I mentioned in my question, the headphone is BT 2.0 and supports A2DP. I have asked the manufacture of my laptop (HP) and was pointed to a page much like your link. Neither mention A2DP. I have also visited the Intel ARK specs and downloaded a specs page, which do not mention A2DP either.

I will re-post on HP also but how do I know if the BT radio, in this case an Intel Centrino N-2230, supports the A2DP profile? Is A2DP an inherited profile of any BT 4.0 device or must the software driver support it? If it is the drivers responsibility, do Intel's drivers provide support for A2DP, in case HP's do not? I ask because the headphone manufacture (Sennheiser) told me I have to ensure my BT receiver supports A2DP.

Thank you.

Larry

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

chrisl4,

The Intel Centrino Advanced-N 2230 supports this Bluetooth profile, please check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006802.html Features for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology however, since the adapter is modified by the OEM, in this case HP* in order to be fully compatible with the system it was meant to be installed, some features may be added and/or removed. Please check with them first.

0 Kudos
LChri3
Beginner

Aleki,

Thank you very much. I could not find that page but it is exactly what I needed. Very helpful.

Have a good day,

Larry

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

chrisl4,

We are glad we could be of assistance. have a great day as well!

0 Kudos