Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Does the Intel Wireless AC 7260 with Bluetooth 4.0 support aptx?

AFerg3
Beginner

Hi

As the title asks, does the AC 7260 support aptx over bluetooth in windows 7 or windows 8/8.1?

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AFerg3
Beginner

Bump

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello N00b2,

If you want to use you computer as a source, it should work just fine as Intel provides A2DP source with Apt-X codec.

AFerg3
Beginner

I am trying to connect bluetooth headphones to the computer for listening to music however the led on my headphones indicates that I am listening to the music using the standard codec and not aptx. Is there any way to confirm or make sure that the headphones would be connected using aptx? I am trying it on a windows 7 computer atm.

0 Kudos
AFerg3
Beginner

Bump. So does no one know why I can't seem to connect my headphones using aptx if the 7260 supports it? What can I do to get it to connect in aptx mode?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello n00b2,

In this case, we recommend that you contact the Bluetooth* device manufacturer. Intel does not provide codecs.

AFerg3
Beginner

What device manufacturer are you talking about? My headphones work fine and automatically connect through aptx on my phone. Intel made the AC 7260 bluetooth adapter which I have and also the drivers. Seems like the problem is with drivers or the bluetooth adapter. Does the bluetooth stack intel uses in the 7260 drivers include the aptx codec?

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

You need to go back to your device manufacturer or your OEM for the aptx codec. In this case, it would seem like you need to go back to your laptop OEM.

0 Kudos
AFerg3
Beginner

I'll give that a go but how come I need to go to the device manufacturer? Intel made the card and I downloaded the drivers from Intel's website. Where does the device manufacturer come into it?

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

The Apt-X codec is provided to and supported by the OEMs (computer manufacturer). If you don't have it, or it is not working for you, you need to get help from the OEM.

0 Kudos
iints
Beginner

Is there a solution for this issue? I've got the latest Intel drivers but can't enable AptX :/

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello ints,

We highly recommend that you contact the OEM (computer manufacturer) as they are the only ones who can provide you the support.

0 Kudos