Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Doesn't work the WIFI 5G (AX200) (Motherboard B460M Mortar WIFI)

Rong29
Novice

The internet doesnt work when i connect to WIFI 5G.

It works perfect when I connect to the red 2.4ghz but it doesn't when i connect to the 5G.

I have updated the drivers (MSI and INTEL, I tried both) , reseted router, PC, reinstalled windows and nothing changed.

My motherboard is a MSI B460M Mortar WIFI. 

Someone know what can I do to solve the 5G issue?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rong29
Novice

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your support and quick response.

Let me tell you that I finally found the root of the problem. To be honest, I don't know whether to laugh or cry haha.

After several drivers updated, bios updated, windows resintallation, etc etc. The problem is.... "THE ANTENNA position". 

Rong29_0-1607554052860.png

When the left antena is bent (view from above) the internet fail!. And the funny thing is that I inverted the antennas, and the same thing happens.

Do you understand this?. So many hours of my life wasted to realize this ..... But hey, at least I already know what the reason is.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Rong29
Novice

As additional information, if I change the adapte property to 802n the 5ghz connect works great (but with a velocity of 220mb approx).

When I change to 802ac or 802ax doesn't work....

Note:

BIOS driver updated to last version (v13)

WIFI driver updated to last version (22.0.0.6)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rong29, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. What is the behavior that you get when trying to connect to the 5GHz band? I.e. Do you receive any error message, the networks do not appear, etc. Please explain.  

2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

3. The brand and model number of the router/modem.  

4. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? 

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

6. Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Rong29
Novice

Dear Sebastian,

See below the answer:

1. What is the behavior that you get when trying to connect to the 5GHz band? I.e. Do you receive any error message, the networks do not appear, etc. Please explain.  

I can see the different WIFI networks, my two networks appears (2.4ghz and 5ghz). I can also connect to both, BUT, when I connect to the 5ghz says "No internet, secured" and when I run the window's troubleshoot says  "wi-fi doesn't have a valid ip configuration".

When I connect to the 2.4 ghz everything works well (Internet speed limited to approx 100mb of course).

2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

See attached.

3. The brand and model number of the router/modem.  

The router brand is : SAGEMCOM and the model is: 253678071.

Internet provider: Vodafone - 600mb

4. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? 

No, it is a new desktop and I have only tested it with my WIFI. 

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

Yes, come pre-installed with the motherboard. The moderboard is a MSI B460M MORTAR WIFI

6. Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

It is a totally new PC, armed piece by piece:

CPU: I5 10600.

Mother board: MSI B460M MORTAR WIFI

RAM: Hyper x Kingston (16gb) 

The WIFI 5ghz worked fine on the 1st use, when I installed windows and another basic softwares like: WinRAR, VLC and Microsoft Flight simulator. No windows updates or nothing weird.

BUT, when I started the PC the 2nd time, the WIFI started working intermittently until after a few minutes it stopped working completely.

After two days the problem persist, I have tried different solutions found on internet and nothing works, examples:

1.- Clean installation of WIFI drivers (22.0.0.6)

2.- BIOS updated (v1.30)

3.- Format and windows reinstallation

4.- I uninstalled the WIFI driver and let Windows reinstall it by itself.

5.- Execute cmd lines like: netsh winsock reset / netsh int ip reset / ipconfig/release / ipconfig/flushdns / ipconfig/renew

6.- Assign a manual IP on ipv4 adapter properties.

NOTHING WORK! :(. In a couple of times, the 5ghz surprisingly started working but after a few minutes or seconds).. it died again.

When I connect to the 2.4 ghz, if a go to CMD and write "ipconfig" I can see that PC has a correct IP assigned 198.168.0.X..... But when I connect to the 5.0 ghz said 169.254.X.X and of course "No internet".

If I go to the WIFI adapter advance configuration and I change the "Wireless mode" to "802.11n" the network 5ghz WORKS GREAT! (limited to a speed of 200mb of course) but as soon as I return it to "802.11ax or 802.11ac" the connection die and "No internet" appears.

If I connect the ethernet cable, the internet works perfect, 600mb on the speedtest (as expected).

I dont know what more to do but the WIFI 5ghz still not working.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rong29,  

Thank you for the complete information.  

The fact that your system connects in 802.11n mode shows that it could be a compatibility issue with your network.  

I tried looking for more information about your router, however; I could not find more than this Vodafone* Spanish website. Can you verify if your router is on this website or double-check if you provided the correct model number? https://ayudacliente.vodafone.es/particulares/internet-y-fijo/wifi-y-router/configuracion-de-routers/   

Have you checked with Vodafone to see if perhaps your network is compatible with 802.11AC/AX mode? Chances are that your router only supports 802.11n. Do you have any other ac/ax device at home?  

Just for testing purposes, try a clean install of the latest Intel generic 22.10.0 driver: 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rong29,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Rong29
Novice

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your support and quick response.

Let me tell you that I finally found the root of the problem. To be honest, I don't know whether to laugh or cry haha.

After several drivers updated, bios updated, windows resintallation, etc etc. The problem is.... "THE ANTENNA position". 

Rong29_0-1607554052860.png

When the left antena is bent (view from above) the internet fail!. And the funny thing is that I inverted the antennas, and the same thing happens.

Do you understand this?. So many hours of my life wasted to realize this ..... But hey, at least I already know what the reason is.

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rong29,  

Thank you for your update. 

It is good to hear that you were able to discover the cause of this problem, thank you also for letting us know. It took some time but at least we learned something new today, which is great. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further help, please submit a new question as this one will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Jkanaks
Beginner
Thanks mate! I had the same issue with a brand new msi mag b660m. The 5G WiFi had no Internet. I removed the antennas and Presto!
0 Kudos