Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Driver 22.190.0 and 22.200.0 deleted the reference device names

gregchik
Novice
Hello! 
Microsoft started sending your new driver version 22.190.0 and 22.200.0 using Windows Update. If you look at the structure of the driver, you will see that the names of the reference device names have shifted from their proper place to the very bottom of the configuration file. View attachment. 
You upload the drivers to the Microsoft repository and the responsibility lies on your shoulders, that is, Intel! 
Please fix this bug. This bug is present only in the driver and it is not visible in the system, i.e. it is not critical. 

22.190.0.4: Intel Download Center / Microsoft Update Catalog (Identical files byte by byte)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @gregchik  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I will gladly assist you here. Thank you for the information provided.

Can you please confirm how this issue is affecting the system? How do reference device names at the bottom of the configuration file affect the system? 

Also, please be aware that our latest wireless driver version is 22.190.0, the 22.200.0 is not made by Intel, is from Microsoft, this should be reported to them too. 

Please, run this utility and attach the report: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
gregchik
Novice
Hello!
The driver version 22.190.0 has the same problem, but as I see you don't want to pay attention to it because you are too lazy to do it as a driver developer.
You are a driver developer and you should have an answer to this problem, not me. What a shame...
I will not upload the file to the public since it contains confidential information such as device serial numbers.
0 Kudos
gregchik
Novice
Microsoft is not the developer of your driver, you Intel upload the drivers to the Microsoft repository in advance for the insiders of the branch. You are well aware of this, but for some reason you are silent about it. Now you have posted version 22.200.0 in the insider branch. Then you post this version on your website and if you look at the driver, it will be identical byte by byte, that is, without changes.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @gregchik  

We will proceed to investigate this issue. 

As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @gregchik  

Thank you for your time. 

We would like to let you know that our Engineering Team is going to check this issue, we really appreciate your report about this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos