Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Driver Wifi

bySaber
Beginner

Salve,

premetto che è un problema causato dalla mia incompetenza. Per mesi ho navigato tranquillamente con il wifi del mio pc, il driver l’ho sempre aggiornato ed è andato tutto bene. Per vari motivi, sono dovuto passare al cavo ethernet, e avevo bisogno di disinstallare completamente il driver per il wifi, che a quel punto era diventato inutile e, secondo alcuni, deleterio per potenziali conflitti. Quindi, dato che nonostante lo disinstallassi correttamente attraverso la gestione dispositivi, ad ogni riavvio del pc ritornava, quindi sono andato a cancellare le firme digitali nella cartella System 32, che facevano riferimento al driver wifi. Problema risolto. Se non che, pochi giorni dopo, ho avuto di nuovo la necessità di utilizzare il wifi: da qui il dramma, ovviamente ho cancellato dei file essenziali di windows e me ne prendo responsabilità, ma non riesco più ad installare il driver. Probabilmente basterebbe reinstallare windows, ma per adesso ne sono impossibilitato. Chiedo quindi una soluzione a voi tutti. Ho scaricato il driver, ma quando lo installo mi dice “Windows ha trovato driver per il tuo dispositivo, ma si è verificato un errore durante il tentativo di installarli.

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

Il file INF contiene una sezione non valida relativa all’installazione di un servizio”, infatti cancellai 3 file, tra cui un “.inf”. Spero che siano recuperabili in qualche modo.

Chiedo venia per la prolissità ma non essendo esperto ho cercato di essere il più chiaro possibile.

Grazie mille per l’attenzione.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello bySaber, Thank you for posting on this Community. To better assist you, we would like to gather your system configuration. 1. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 2. Please let us know if the Intel® Wireless adapter came preinstalled on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
bySaber
Beginner

Hello,

thanks for answering me. [I wrote in italian the question because I thought I was in the italian forum, but now I can translate for you my problem if you need.]

Anyway, I scanned my pc and uploaded below the txt file, and for point 2: the motherboard is wifi and came with a little chip to plug into and an antenna connected to it. I have to mention that before I blew it up , the wifi always worked perfectly and I've never touched any components, I've only deleted crucial files from System32 folder (I remember they were .dll and .inf files).

Synthetically, this is what I do (some words could be not accurately translated because I have windows in italian and I don't know the correct translate): Windows button+X-->device manager-->(normally, my intel wifi driver was regurarly under "Network adapters", but at this moment it is in "Other devices", called as "unrecognized device", but I know that's my wifi adapter-->right click-->update driver-->search automatically an updated driver-->Windows has detected an issue installing drivers for your device. Windows has found drivers for your device, but an error occurred while trying to install them. "Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz". The INF file contains an invalid section related to the installation of a service.

I've also tried installing the official driver manually (wifi 20.120.1 for windows 10 x64), but when I open it it just shows the logo and some green dots blinking, then it closes with no messages.

Thanks for patience, and please, I don't want to format and reinstall completely.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello bySaber, Thank you for your response. To address this issue, reinstalling the operating system seems to be the recommended solution. However, please follow these steps to continue troubleshooting this issue: 1. Clean install of Wireless driver. Please follow these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI (rev. 1.0) https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360-AORUS-GAMING-3-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-driver-wlanbt Note: Please check your system model and OS version. 2. If the issue persists, you can try performing these steps with the latest Intel drivers available at the Download Center. For Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
bySaber
Beginner

Hi,

thanks again for the help. Nothing worked because, basically, some essential files are missing. Before I reinstall the whole operating system, I want to know, if possibile, the name of the files I deleted. I remember that when I wanted to know their location, I went to windows key+X-->devices manager-->network adapter-->Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz-->right click-->properties-->driver-->driver details--> here were exactly 3 files, one was located in system32, the other 2 were in system32-->drivers. I think that if someone has the same network wifi adapter as me, he can send me those files, is that possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello bySaber, DLL /INF files contain instructions for other programs. To avoid potential risks, it is not recommended to download these types of files from unofficial sites or using 3rd party tools. We recommend: 1. Checking your Recycle Bin and restore the files if possible. 2. Using a system restore to undo recent system changes. If these steps do not fix the issue, then you may need to perform a repair installation of Windows* or run a clean installation of Windows*. For specific instructions on these steps, we recommend contacting Microsoft*. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
bySaber
Beginner

Hi again.

Thanks for patience, I've already tried to recover those files from third party program that dig the drive, but I wasn't able to find those 3 files. I'm currenlty moving all my apps to D: drive, then I'll restore windows and move files back to C:

Thanks for the help anyway. Bye!

0 Kudos
bySaber
Beginner

Hello, just wanted to update: I finally decided to reinstall windows and all went fine, now my wifi network is perfectly working again!!

Thanks for avoiding me doing dumb stuff again.

Bye!

0 Kudos