Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Driver assistant download stuck at 0%

venturozzaccio
Beginner

HI,

I started experiencing problems downloading drivers via IDSA some months ago. Both Edge and Chrome couldn't get the download to start. I was able to download the driver once with Firefox.

Today I cannot get even Firefox to start the download (I attach the screenshot). 

I have kaspersky with firewall permission for IDSA, I even disable it without success. I also try reinstall the IDSA, removing the folders, rebooting the system and using incognito mode without success.

Any help? Thanls

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NilenduD_Intel

Hello,

I am routing your query to the correct queue - Intel Community  Hardware Products  Wireless

Regards,

Nilend

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello venturozzaccio

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please share with us the following information:

• Browser versions
  • When you uninstalled, which method did you use?
  • Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
venturozzaccio
Beginner

Chrome: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox: 87.0 (64 bit)

Edge: Version 89.0.774.75 (Official build) (64-bit)

I uninstall once with Windows apps, then using the IDSA installer, then I also tried removing folders and registry entries with CCleaner and reinstalling again.

I attach the summary

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello venturozzaccio

The first step to resolve this is to completely disable Kaspersky since it has shown issues with the Intel® DSA. Just by disabling it, the problem should be resolved. For more information, please check  Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is Stuck at 0% when Trying to Download new Updated Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058791/software/software-applications.html

If you already tested those steps and they didn't work, make sure the Intel® DSA accesses localhost on ports 28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello venturozzaccio

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
venturozzaccio
Beginner

Hi,

I tried disabling Kaspersky but that didn't help.

Before unistalling it, I tried updating Kaspersky (unfortunatly it doesn't update automatically) and this fixed the issue. I guess the last update of Kaspersky Internet Security had a bug preventing DSA downloading the files.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos