Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Driver for Intel Wi.Fi 6 AX200 and Windows 10 LTSB Ver. 1607

DCorn2
Beginner

We the company CRE had build into our panel pc, following device from Intel WiFi 6 AX200 and our costumer has the operating system windows 10 LTSB Ver. 1607 installed. The problem now is that the costumer dont find a driver for this WiFi module. Can someone give me a link with the driverdownload for this windows version?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

This is the latest Version: 21.70.0  Dated: 2/18/2020 In the release notes, there is no indication about the compatible Windows 10 release except that only 64 bit version is supported.

Leon

0 Kudos
DCorn2
Beginner

The Problem here is that the driver dont detect the module with this Windows version. So I need another one for this OS.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What you need is to update the OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
DCorn2
Beginner

That is not a option so our costumer is a industrial costumer and the option to update the OS is not functionally for him. He has some software that specilly was build for him and the software are build for this Windows version.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So, why does he now need the AX200, which did not exist four years ago? He got along for four years without it.

Update the OS. Your problems are only going to get worse, and I do not believe this "custom" software story. People always use that to avoid reality.

Doc

0 Kudos
DCorn2
Beginner

I dont believe that too, but our consumer are a big company and I think the problem is the bureaucracy. I cant change that. I only looking for a solution.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but why does this big company need the AX200 now? How did they survice without it?

No need to answer.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DCorn2,

We would like to jump in and provide some recommendations.

Windows* 10 LTSB/LTSC editions usually allow users to install security updates, and not driver updates.

In this scenario, what we can recommend is that you contact Microsoft* to check the driver version supported by this version of Windows* 10 and follow their guidelines regarding these specialized editions.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Archont
Beginner

Faced same problem with Intel AX200NGW and Win 10 LTSB Ver. 1607.

Considering that this page is viewed by 1k+ visitors, want to share solution:

I installed driver found on HP site (although my notebook is by another vendor, MSI). Filename: sp101789.exe; contains Intel WLAN driver 21.70.0.6 REV: P PASS: 2; claimed support of Intel AX200 device and Win 10 2016 LTSB 64-bit support.

Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101789.exe 

It works like a charm for me. Hope it will help someone.

0 Kudos