Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Drivers for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Card?

SSyno
Novice

Just put a new system together and installed an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in it. Used Windows 8 Pro. x64. I cannot find drivers for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Anyone know where I can get drivers for this card? I purchased the card from Provantage.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Synomenon,

The drivers will be released soon; this is because the product has not been officially released yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
183 Replies
BFerc1
Beginner

Been a long time since I last checked in and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing a complete loss of 5g and the 2.4 slows to a max rate of 6Mbps. This is a not a router problem, when it happens you can't see any one of 4 5g AP's and other 5g users continue to work. I have tried 3 cards and it doesn't matter they all have same issue. The sony came with a intel 6235 which when reinstalled works fine. I have tried every driver combination so far no difference. It seems like the AC speed or format is causing a issue with my SVS1313AXGB. Bluetooth had been quite a challenge too trying to us a Bluetooth mouse. Last week I reimaged with the AC 7260 and now the Bluetooth is working fine but the complete loss of 5g when using AC r7000 or AC R6300v2 is still happening as it did before. The only fix is to disable enable ac7260 then all is good again. Drivers are latest listed on this site. Makes no difference which drivers are used same problem since upgrading last August. The speed while working are great 866.7 all day long then randomly it's as if the card was disable on 5g and then 2.4 only connects at 6Mbps.

Win 7 Pro 64 i5 12gb ram

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

I think this issue happens far more common to those who replaced their WiFi cards themselves. I have a Sony Vaio Pro non-touch with OEM installed 7260N and I used to have that until about a month ago since I purchased the laptop 6 months ago. Well, that issue probably happened 4 times since I purchased the Pro. However, after a bunch of Windows updates and chipset driver updates, other driver updates and Vaio updates, I no longer have that issue for about a month and connection stability at both bands is rock stable even if I let my laptop run for more than 2 days straight.

0 Kudos
MWilk2
Beginner

Hey guys. So I finally got everything working on windows 7. Except now my computer boots EXTREMELY SLOWLY! I installed an intel 520 120gb SSD that I boot off of and my start time went from less than 20 seconds to well over a minute. Anybody have any clue as to what this could be? Intel do you have anything to say? I've got an intel i7, an intel ssd, and now an intel ac wifi card. It just seems like there's always something.

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing my slow boot conundrum?

0 Kudos
JM8
Beginner

I have this 7260-AC +bluetooth in a Clevo w650sr and everytime I close my laptop and come back to it a few hours later, when I open and log back in, the WiFi adapter has been disabled. I have to go into Device Manager and re-enable it to get my WiFi connection back.... this is obviously a disaster.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue or if there is a way to fix this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can also just right click on the wireless Icon and do troubleshoot and it should maybe bring back your connection?

Or see my thread for some info that might help with your situation, things you can try.

/thread/45025?start=0&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/45025?start=0&tstart=0

0 Kudos
LT1
Novice

I just wanted to point out that I installed Ubuntu 13.10 GNOME Beta 1 (Saucy) recently, and the Intel 7260 AC card is supported natively. Further, there are kernel 3.12-rc3 .deb packages available here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12-rc3-saucy/ Index of /~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12-rc3-saucy that address quite a few bugfixes in iwlwifi since the 3.11 kernel that ships with Ubuntu 13.10 GNOME Beta 1 -- the changelog in 3.12-rc1 details most of them. With this kernel I was able to reliably stay connected to my university's WPA Enterprise PEAP based network, which was not possible under any of the 3.11 kernels.

Also, if installing NVIDIA 325.15 drivers, you'll need to patch them to get them to compile under the new 3.12 kernels -- here are instructions: https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/483 https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/483

0 Kudos
AA35
Beginner

Having similar issues on an asus zenbook that came with this card in it. Whenever I sleep the pc for more than an hour or so, it will take 2-3 minutes for the adapter to see ANY networks again. Its like the computer does not even see the card at all, troubleshoot does not work, disable and re enable wont work.... Its getting annoying and Im calling asus tomorrow to see if they'll help. Also must restart sometimes to get it to connect to router again without being "limited". This is obviously an intel 7260 issue, And i know this card has problems because I found several other posts online having very similar issues on different brand computers. Someone said its a driver issue and intel has not released a fix yet.... Please intel, this is insane. A brand new laptop should NOT have these kinds of issues. Im going to ask asus what to do as well, but from what im seeing this model card is faulty (drivers or hardware) and nothing asus could really do.

PS, power saving is OFF on card, so that is not the issue.

0 Kudos
fhabi
Beginner

hi all,

for those not getting bluetooth......google "wifi card pin 51"

i taped pin 51 and now bluetooth is working, don´t forget to install the bluetooth driver

0 Kudos
SNeil
Beginner

I also have problems with Windows 8 on a brand new Sony Vaio. The Device manager says that the Intel 7260 has been disabled - and now we have no access to Wifi at all so will have to go out and buy a dongle so I can connect to the wired connection. Because obviously, with no wifi connection I can't download any new drivers - and anyway, with a new PC there shouldn't be any need to! There is obviously a major problem with this based on the number of comments I've seen and I am no techie. I am not going to be opening up my brand new pc and playing around with its insides. I want a solution for dummies which can be explained in words of one syllable that appear in the Oxford English dictionary. Outrageous that this can have been under discussion for over a year and still people are experiencing problems - especially with new kit.

Dear INTEL - please provide me with the fix for dummies.

thank you

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Let's not deviate from the main subject on this thread.

0 Kudos
CLe3
Beginner

Hello, can someone help me? I currently have windows 8. I just recently replaced my wifi card from intel n-2230 to intel ac 7260. My version for the new wireless card is 16.6.0.8, and I have tried updating it to 16.7.0.0, but the installation just disappears. So now I am stuck with this driver. Is there a possible way to get the wireless mode "802.11ac"? I only have 802.11a,802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11a/g, 802.11b/g, and 802.11a/b/c. Please help me find a way to get 802.11ac. Thank you

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Joe_intel,

If these new drivers are available then why when you try to browse for drivers they are not posted there? Please fix this....

Thank you

Robert

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

As mentioned earlier, we will make them available through the search soon.

We appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
RAnso
Beginner

Installed AC 7260 in my asrock AM1H-ITX mini pcie slot, windows 7 and last driver (17.0.5). Connection drops continuosly and adapter disconnects-connects every minute. Tried almost all imaginable setting combinations. Any suggestion? Thinking of returning device, very dissappointed...

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This thread deals about a different subject but I see that you are using a wireless adapter for laptop on a desktop system. It is very possible that the integration of the wireless adapter and antennas is not optimal leading to such undesired behavior. This type of integration must be validated by the respective system manufacturer.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

We suggest contacting the system manufacturer for a list of validated adapters or using the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop-brief.pdf Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop, which is PCIe x1 and comes with antennas.

0 Kudos