Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Dual Band AC-7265 REV C BSOD

JustCroozin
Beginner

I am getting a persistent BSOD crash on my HP Spectre x360 fitted with the Dual Band AC-7265 REV C BSOD. Its driving me mad and makes my laptop practically unusable. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I can find, but so far a fix has eluded me. Any suggestions? The drivers are the latest for this device (18.33.17.1) . Running Windows 10 HOME v 2004. Everything is up to date as far as I can ascertain but I note that this product is no longer supported so maybe I'm SOL in terms of getting a driver update?  Crash details:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: netwtw02.sys (Netwtw02+0x24B15)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x2, 0xFFFFF80633C6BE40, 0xFFFFF80633C6BD98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netwtw02.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwtw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: netwtw02.sys Intel Corporation KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't care about driver version; what driver packages are you using? The latest Wireless package is 21.120.2 (download from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29849). The latest Bluetooth package is 21.120.0 (download from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29876).

Did you only recently do the 2004 upgrade? If so, or if the issues have been happening since that upgrade, then I suggest that you do a clean WLAN install. Here is the proper process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager > Network Adapters, check for entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for your Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and uninstall it., choosing to "Delete the driver software for this device".
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JustCroozin
Beginner

Thanks for the tips. I have been getting by with a wired LAN connection with the Wireless adaptor disabled (no crashes) but tried to follow your steps to get WiFi back. Unfortunately when I get to steps 11 and 12 I get the message that the package cannot be installed on my computer. Back to the wired LAN.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you enable the adapter before you tried to install the drivers? This message is typically only seen when the adapter is not present or disabled.

...S

0 Kudos