Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 - 5Ghz networks invisible

MK18
Beginner

Hi, I can't see 5Ghz networks with Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter.

My setup is :

- Asus with Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

- Windows 8.1

- router Asus AC-AC56U with both 2.4 and 5 Ghz running

I could connect to 5Ghz network with Xperia Z3 Compact but the laptop can't even see the network...

I've got the latest intel drivers I could find - 18.21.0.2

What could be going on ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jankes,

Before we go any further, is this wireless adapter the original one that came installed by factory? If so, we recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer first in order to obtain the latest drivers: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Secondly, you can try the following:

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

5. Install the Intel® Graphics driver downloaded before.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components

0 Kudos