Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 slow speed

RSimo1
Novice

Hello there,

have no idea when exactly this happened, but local/network speed to/from my Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK is not working at normal network rate.

I have 300mbps speed from my ISP, laptop gets network from asus rt-87u router, and i'm pretty sure that router is ok, because NAS is downloading at full rate.

Got installed latest drivers for AC-8260 card, but no changes - speed is maximum ~100mbps, no matter in which network, local or internet.

Here's the SSU log below, will be really appreciated for any help, thanks.

14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Thank you for posting your inquiry; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

In order to assist you, please go ahead and uninstall all the current drivers (even if you already have the latest ones) and install them again by following the instructions on this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Here is the link for the latest drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27989/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27989/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t

As well you may want to try our Recommend advanced settings available at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

If none of these steps work, please go ahead and start your PC in safe mode (with Networking) following these instructions and then monitor the results:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

As well, please access your router and make sure that you do not have any QoS (quality of service) active on it.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

Hello Diego,

I have the latest drivers installed, settings are already applied with the recommended ones.

What I haven't done, is that test the speed from the windows 10 safe mode. Intel drivers cannot run in that mode, windows returns with an error code 37 (or 47).

Router settings are fine, no QoS settings applied.

Can you suggest the right way to start network from safe mode ? Wlan config is up and running, but when trying to start Intel drivers, error appears that unable to start in the safe mode.

BR

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Thank you for your response.

We will investigate further regarding the issue that you are experiencing.

I will get back to you as soon as we have an answer, this may delay our interactions a little.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Thank you for your patience.

Please help us to confirm the following:

Have you experienced the same issues when your computer is connected to a different network?

Are the any other computers on your network experiencing the same behavior?

Have you switched the channel in your router to channels 1/6 or 11?

Is the issue occurring on 2.4 or 5 GHz, or both?

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

Currently i don't have availability to try different 5 GHz network with such speeds.

There are no computers with .ac wi-fi profile except this Lenovo, other ones are limited to b/g/n.

Channel set to 40.

Regarding last question about issues 2.4 or 5 GHz, i think that it also applies to 2.4 GHz to ac8260 drivers - tried to switch to b/g/n, speed is unimpressive.

No settings were changed on router for the last 3-4 month ,everything worked well. The only things that were updates are MS windows 10 and ac8260 drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

We are currently investigating further the issue that you reported as the troubleshooting steps that we shared did not have a positive impact in your system.

I reach you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Thank you for your patience.

Is there any chance that you can change the current channel on the router and then reboot it to monitor the results?

Have you checked if there is any improvement if you turn the NAS off for few minutes?

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

I have switched from auto (40) to 48ch and powered off the NAS.

No changes.

p>s>

Maybe some screenshots will help, please see attached;

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Let us investigate further, I'll reach you back as usual as soon as we have news.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

I will try to test on another 'ac' capable network on Thursday.

Will inform you later if any luck.

AFAIK it is minor chances to resolve customers issues without having enough information, so thanks in advance for your efforts.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello custom,

Please try changing the control channel on the router to 38, 46, 54, 62 and bandwidth channel to 40 MHz and test your connection, if there's no improvement try the following:

Please try the same procedure changing the control channel on the router to 42, 58 and change bandwidth channel to 80 MHz and test your connection.

-Chris
0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

Hello Chris,

I don't have those channels on those channel widths; Please see attached file;

BR

0 Kudos
RSimo1
Novice

Hello once again,

right now i have tested with other router (xiaomi router 3), and results are slightly better.

So the problem is the Asus RT-87U router, which been updated as i can remember to the latest fw recently.

Will try other firmware, but will try to contact Asus support now.

Thank you for the support Chris and Diego.

0 Kudos