Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 turning off (event id 5010)

AWale1
Beginner

Hello,

I have been having issues with my Wi-Fi adapter on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 lately. Problem happens often after booting my laptop or waking it from a sleep mode. On Windows 10, the Wi-Fi adapter disappears from the Device Manager and Event Viewer is flooded with events id 5010(The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.) and 2 times event id 5032 at the end.

Procedures I have tried many times:

-Upgrading to newest drivers

-Downgrading drivers to 20.60.0.7 version (recommended on a few forums)

-Clean reinstall of drivers (Delete drivers from Control Panel and Device manager, delete temporary files, install drivers via Device Manager)

-Installing drivers via Intel Drivers & Support Assistant

-Clean reinstall of Windows 10

-Resetting network settings

-Disabling tasks in Scheduler

Nothing was upgraded in my Asus X505ZA, Ubuntu was installed after the problem occured, Windows Update is up-to-date.

I don't have more ideas anymore, any help appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

AWale1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, at this point pretty much you tried all the troubleshooting steps that we recommend for this scenario.

Do you see the same behavior when using Ubunto*?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Was it working fine before?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

We recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform, I looked in ASUS's web site and the latest wireless driver version is: V20.70.1.1:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X505ZA/HelpDesk_Download/

Since the laptop works with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, we can also try to install the Intel® generic wireless driver version 20.120.1:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150

If the problem persists after trying the steps above, then please provide the following details:

SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Enter "msinfo32" in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there

Also, please fill the information requested in the file attached to this thread:

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
AWale1
Beginner

Alberto R, Thank you for your reply.

I have noticed that when the problem happens, the "netwtw06.sys" driver goes into "Stopped" state in System Information.

Report from SSU is attached to this reply.

Regards,

Adam W.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
AWale1, You are welcome, thank you very much for providing the SSU report. Could you please also provide the "msinfo32" report and the details in the file that was attached in my previous post? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
AWale1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
AWale1, If you need further assistance, please let us know. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos