cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoNeri
Novice

Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 update issue

Jump to solution

I have an Intel dual Band wireless AC 8265 board on my HP Spectre x360 Convertible

I recently received an update message both for the Wifi and Bluetooth. 

Using the intel Driver and support Assistant I commenced the update of both the drivers.

While the Bluetooth driver got updated the WIfi driver kept throwing up an error message that the Install had failed. I tried repeatedly but I received the same message.

And then the next day when I attempted to update the Wifi driver again I was surprised to note that it said that that the driver was up to date.

The current driver version for the Wifi installed is 20.70.17.1 dated 4/16/2020 whereas the Bluetooth driver is 21.110.0.3 dated 6/29/2020

Have I missed out on the latest update for the Wifi Driver ? If so what can I do to update the wifi Driver ?

Jo Neri

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @JoNeri 

1. Try clean installation of  an WiFi driver:

2. Download the latest WiFi driver package WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip  Unzip the WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip on your drive (I'm assuming that you have 64 bit Windows 10. In case that your have other Windows installation, chose the relevant driver).

3. In the Device Manager > Network Adapters click on WiFi adapter and chose Uninstall (check the "Delete this software... option).  Reboot your computer. 

4.  In the Device Manager click on the default WiFi driver and chose Update. Browse to the directory with the unzipped WiFi Driver and continue with installation.

6. Reboot your laptop.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @JoNeri 

1. Try clean installation of  an WiFi driver:

2. Download the latest WiFi driver package WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip  Unzip the WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip on your drive (I'm assuming that you have 64 bit Windows 10. In case that your have other Windows installation, chose the relevant driver).

3. In the Device Manager > Network Adapters click on WiFi adapter and chose Uninstall (check the "Delete this software... option).  Reboot your computer. 

4.  In the Device Manager click on the default WiFi driver and chose Update. Browse to the directory with the unzipped WiFi Driver and continue with installation.

6. Reboot your laptop.

Leon

View solution in original post

JoNeri
Novice

thankyou @LeonWaksman . I updated by the clean install following your advice after downloading the zip from the link you sent.

The driver updated to 20.70.18.2 dated 6/24/2020.

This must be part of the in package  21.110.1 applicable to my board 8265.

I suppose I am now good to receive future updates from Intel.

Thankyou

Jo Neri

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @JoNeri 

You are OK now. I'm glad.

Leon