Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

SPati18
Beginner

Hi,

We have purchased "Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265" (Model number - 8265NGW). This has WiFi and Bluetooth. But, as per below SR now it seems WiFi works with PCIe only and Bluetooth works with USB only.

/thread/116056 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116056

Is this correct?

Please see our schematic portion where the CN12 is used to connect to 8265NGW module. From this it is clear that, we have only connected USB and NOT PCIe to this. So, does that means we can not use WiFi on this?

Is there any solution to work both WiFi and Bluetooth with USB connection?

Best Regards,

Shridhar.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Shridhar,

Thanks for posting.

Presales and design related support is not provided through our communities.

For design assistance, please contact your distributor or https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Intel Resource and Design Center.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
SPati18
Beginner

Hello Eugenio ,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, may be I did not put my question in correct way.

My simple question is on application of " Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265".

Does WiFi and Bluetooth of this module works with USB only connections?

Best Regards,

Shridhar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shridhar,

Even though the post you're referring to is talking about Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, it refers to a third party PCIe adapter for desktop that requires a Bluetooth cable.

Most of the Intel wireless adapters installed by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) on their systems don't require a direct connection from the card to the motherboard USB header for Bluetooth communication. Both Wireless (PCIe) and Bluetooth (USB) communicate through the PCIe lanes as long as the port supports it.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SPati18
Beginner

Hi Eugenio ,

Thank you and I appreciate your prompt response. In your response you mentioned below -

"Both Wireless (PCIe) and Bluetooth (USB) communicate through the PCIe lanes as long as the port supports it."

We want other way around, Both Wireless and Bluetooth work with USB connections.

Our port (connecting to 8265 module) only has USB connections and no PCIe connections at all.

Fingers crossed that this is possible.

Best Regards,

Shridhar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shridhar,

You're welcome.

How the adapter communicates with the system or motherboard is related to its design.

On communities, we provide post sales technical support. For design assistance and resources, please contact your distributor (whoever is selling you the adapters) or our https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Resource and Design Center.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos