Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless AC3160 not working

HWilk5
Beginner

Had this problem for sometime now but decided to ask for advice before I open my laptop up, I have followed varous advice uninstalling device, new driver etc but when testing get conflicting results see attachments any suggestions. will add laptop works ok with a USB wireless adaptor

Thanks H

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I understand that your wireless adapter is not working properly. Please try the following troubleshooting steps that might help you fixing the issue:

1.   Perform a clean installation using the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver, since they have tested and validated it to properly work with your system.

2.   Clean installation using the Intel generic driver. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28794/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=75442

3.   Contact the system manufacturer to check if you have the latest BIOS.

*NOTE: Please check this link that will show you how to perform the clean driver installation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1.   Operating System (Version and build).

2.   Brand and model of your laptop

3.   Is this the original wireless adapter that came with the laptop?

4.   Have you tried connecting the laptop to another network?

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
HWilk5
Beginner

Oscar

Have done all that you have suggested other than the bios no updated one available !

Toshiba Sattekitte

Win 10 64 bit

Oringonal adaptor yes

Yes and I have no issues with with any other equipment on the network

Thanks

Harry

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

Thank you for the information provided.

In this case, since the issue persists after installing the latest Wireless driver validated by the Original Equipment Manufacturer and the generic one. We highly recommend you to contact Toshiba* for warranty and support options since they have manufactured the laptop and customized all the components installed to properly work on their systems.

It might not be working due to a hardware issue and that's why the USB wireless adapter is not having any problems.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
HWilk5
Beginner

Osca

Many thanks for your input Toshiba support these days is what's on the internet so it looks like it's either take the back off or stay with the USB adaptor

Thanks

H

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

You're very welcome!

Exactly, since the laptop was manufactured by Toshiba*, they would be the one to provide you support/warranty options other than verifying basic troubleshooting steps.

If the laptop is no longer supported by the Original Equipment Manufacturer and it is a hardware issue, the USB wireless adapter would be an option to access to the internet.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
HWilk5
Beginner

One final quick question should I decided to replace the adaptor is there a better adaptor that I could use

Thanks

H

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

In this case for Wireless adapter upgrade, you might need to check the compatibility with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (Toshiba*) since they can tell if the new adapter will be compatible with the system.

Also, before a wireless adapter upgrade, take the following in consideration:

1. FCC Rules. Link: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=f378ac605ec63a23eac3829e490a85a5&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title47/47cfr15_main_02.tpl
  2. Original Equipment Manufacturer Compatibility.
  3. BIOS limitation.

If you want to confirm this information, please check the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687.html

Best regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

We haven't heard back from you, I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
HWilk5
Beginner

Hi Oscar

Sorry I didnt formally close my question, thanks for your help

H

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello HWilk5,

No problem, it's always a pleasure to help you!

Please contact us at any time, if you have any question.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
HWilk5
Beginner

Hi I have replaced the AC3160 with another of the same type and I still cannot connect to my router ! any suggestion

Thanks

H

0 Kudos