Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless N-7260 card issue

LM09
Beginner

I recently bought this card to connect to 5ghz networks, but none are shown. How can I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is you hardware configuration? (Brand and model of the system). • Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 the adapter that came on the system or is this an integration into the system? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility. • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Thank you for the information in the report. I would like to confirm if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 the adapter that came on the system or is this an integration into the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Thank you for the information. Let me share with you the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html).I would recommend contacting the OEM for assistance and confirmation if the integration is supported. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner

I'm based in the UK & was told it was compatible by Intel CS along with my PC manufacturer prior to purchase.

The fact it works perfectly fine aside from picking up 5GHz makes me think, there's something that needs to be addressed.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Thank you for the information, in this case I recommend referring to the OEM for assistance, drives, and troubleshooting for the integration on the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello Everybody I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner

Hi,

I already mentioned that I had contacted my OEM along with Intel & was explicitly told it was compatible.

This is the only place to get support for it, seeing as official support for this Intel part is now non-existent.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Doing a recap on the information provided on the thread about the integration that have been performed on the system this is an action that is not recommend to be performed on the system due to this might work or not work correctly on the system and also as mentioned previously this case should be Handel with the OEM. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner

That doesn't answer or address the matter I have stated. The reason behind the item not working correctly should be troubleshot on a support forum instead of passing everything on to someone else (OEM already said it was compatible).

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LM09 Thank you for the information. • Have you tried a clean installation of the wireless driver? See the steps bellow. • Please share with us a picture of the network properties on Windows. (go to setting> network and internet> select "view your network properties"). • Could you share a picture of the router/access point settings? • You could also try the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html) to configure the Intel® adapter settings according to your access point settings. Wireless clean installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html NOTE: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LM09
Beginner

Hi,

I have already done the first & fourth step. My network properties are listed in the attachment.

Network.png

0 Kudos