Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Dual band wireless AC 7260 not working in windows 8.1

BCaff
Beginner

I bought a Notebook HP ENVY 15-q002la at the pass week. ( Windows 8.1 )

Wireless conectivity is very poor.

The packet sent statistics change from 1mb to 54mb without control, and it mantains an average of 9 mb.

I have two more netbooks from other brands and both are connected to 54 mb always.

I tried with next drivers and no changes.

17.13.11.5 12-8-2014

There are one solution for this issue ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BCaff
Beginner

Detail

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello basko,

Is this the original card that came installed in this computer when you bought it, or was the original one replaced for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 ?

0 Kudos
BCaff
Beginner

Hello Aleki

Is the original.

I solved the problem with a new router.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello basko,

We are glad to know the issue has been resolved. We were wondering if you could be kind enough and let us know what was the brand and model of the router that you were having this issue and also the brand and model of the one that helped you resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
BCaff
Beginner

aleki_intel

I have some routers in my house.

I do not remember whats the oldest router, but it do not support with 802.11 n.

The new is a Dlink-600

0 Kudos
RCroc3
Beginner

What type of software is that basko ? .... gives a lot of info ...

0 Kudos
BCaff
Beginner

hi rrecroc

Is a utility provided by Intel.

The report is taked from statistics menu

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24864 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Bako,

It is very important that you know that certain routers were designed to support only one antenna with one data share and that only supports up to 150 Mbps max in N connections and that will be distributed among all the equipment connected to this router. This would reduce the connection and data transfer up to G speeds dividing among all other connected devices. Because the other router did not support AC speeds, this could be what was causing your adapter not to work properly. Please check the link below for further information on this matter: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/80211ac-wifi-for-dummies.html 802.11ac Wi-Fi for Dummies

0 Kudos