Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Dual band wireless AC 8260 contributing to DPC Latency and Audio Stuttering

idata
Employee

I'm having issues with the audio stuttering on my Lenovo Flex 4 laptop, it happens if the audio is streaming or played locally. Using LatencyMon I narrowed the problem down to my AC 8260 adapter. When I disable the adapter my problems seem to go away and LatencyMon shows the problem has gotten better. I already changed my wireless adapter power setting to maximum performance. My driver is version 19.1.0.14. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

agolz12,

Have you check the power setting of your computer? Since you have set it to maximum performance and notice the issue still persists, please check for any BIOS update. Also, disable CPU throttling in Control Panel and BIOS setup and test the audio. If you have a music studio connected to your computer try to connect it to an USB 3.0 port and test the audio to see if you will experience this situation.

We are going to check on our end in order to provide you an answer as soon as possible. In the mean time, please feel free to ask any further questions you may have.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your response, I tried all of those thing that applied and none of them fixed the situation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

agolz12,

We are checking on this for you, so please give us sometime in order to provide you an answer. Please in the mean time, please send us here the logs of provided by this tool: Ihttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility ntel® System Support Utility

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Agolz12,

From what we can see in the file you provided us, you're using the latest driver from our Download Center. It's important to keep in mind that our drivers are a generic version and don't take into account modifications or customizations made by your computer manufacturer (OEM). If possible, it's generally better to use the latest driver provided by your OEM.

Our recommendation in this case is to perform a clean installation of your wireless drivers (Preferably using your OEM provided drivers). This should fix any driver corruptions or settings that could be causing your latency issues.

Note: After uninstalling your wireless drivers, you will lose WiFi connectivity. We recommend downloading the latest drivers and saving them to an easy to find location first. Or being ready to use a wired connection temporarily. Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience, and should not be viewed as an endorsement from Intel.

1. Remove WiFi components
    1. Uninstall driver from Device Manager. If prompted, choose remove driver.
    2. Remove Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers from Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
  2. Remove temporary files
    1. Press Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK.
    2. Select your boot drive (usually C:\)
    3. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.
  3. Remove hidden temporary folders
    1. Go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\
    2. Delete the "Intel" folder found here.
  4. Install the latest version of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers. (Preferably OEM. If not, here's our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240 Download Center version)
    1. Choose to Customize.
    2. Select all options available.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your reply, I tried what you suggested and it did not help. I am still getting stuttering, here are the results from the LatentcyMon program I am running to help diagnose the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

agolz12,

In this particular case, could you please try a clean installation of the drivers and let us know if the issue still persists. Here is how you can do it:

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation.

Let us know as soon as you can.

best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately, this didn't help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

agolz12,

Does this happen when you are playing music locally or transferring data wirelessly?

If you are turning off the adapter, could please let us know how it's done? Is the using the OS option to turn off/on or doing it via Device Manager.

Could you also tell us if this happens when you are hard wired? If you could provide more details on your system configuration and what you are trying to do would be much helpful for us in order to help you with this. Please, use this tool to collect the logs and send us here:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

agolz12,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you since we have no registration of any reply from you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos