Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Dual band wireless-ac 3160 stopped working

MW8
Beginner

This product, previously working away, installed from the original equipment provider (Dell) suddenly has ceased to operate. I tried reinstalling the driver, to no avail. Are there other methods of troubleshooting the adapter?  

I ran the SSU.exe and can provide the output if that would help.

-MW8

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MW8, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MW8
Beginner
Albert,

Happily, I have succeeded in returning the Intel adapter to regular operation. As a result, I ask that we suspend this conversation, with much appreciation in your quick response

Regards,

MW8
0 Kudos
LandoG
Beginner

Hello MW8,

We both appear to be having a similar issue.  I suspect my problem is a driver issue as well.  What process did you undergo to sort out this issue?

Kind regards,

LandoG

0 Kudos
MW8
Beginner

LandoG,

My system is running Windows 10.

1. I connected via the system Ethernet port to gain Internet access.
  2. Despite the driver being up to date, I downloaded and reinstalled it once more. That didn't appear to change anything, but it may have done so.
  3. Next, in the Settings application, I accessed the Network & Internet section, and although I was connected via wired Ethernet, the settings offered the "Show available networks" option. While that option had not been responsive when I was struggling with wireless, it now allowed me to see local wireless networks.
  4. I selected my Wi-Fi network and supplied the network key, which resulted in the network connecting.
  5. When I removed the Ethernet connection, my Wi-Fi network persisted.

Best,

MW8

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MW8, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to return the Intel® adapter to regular operation and now it is working properly.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

LandoG, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos