Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Encountering frequent 7025/7026 "Dump after return from D3 after cmd" system events while in standby mode

CWate5
Novice

Similar to this post and this post, the following system events seem to be causing my Windows 10 laptop to come out of standby mode many times overnight:

Source:    Netwtw08

Event ID:   7025

Description: 7025 - Dump after return from D3 before cmd 

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

Source:    Netwtw08

Event ID:   7026

Description: 7026 - Dump after return from D3 after cmd

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

The events occur quite frequently every evening, at 10 to 20 minute intervals, but do not occur after midnight.

When I take the laptop out of standby mode in the morning, one 7025 event (same details as above) is logged ... but then neither event occurs again until I place the laptop into standby mode in the late afternoon.

25 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

CWate5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

What is the model of the router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

What is the model of the laptop?

Dell Latitude 5400

What is the model of the router?

N/A

Is this a new computer?

Yes

Was it working fine before?

N/A

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No hardware changes; new software frequently installed

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Came installed

When did the issue start?

Have had the issue from Day 1 -- about a month ago

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

N/A

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Both

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CWate5, Thank you very much for providing those details.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Dell's web site and the latest version of the Intel® Wireless driver showing in there is 21.20.1.1834, A22, please test that version and let us know if the problem remains:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=417vv&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-14-5400-laptop

If the problem remains, we can try to install Intel® Wireless driver version 21.70.0.6:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29362/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

Thanks. Windows' Device Manager confirmed that the laptop was already running a newer version of the Intel Wireless driver: 21.50.1.1. Go figure. Anyways, I tried to install the Dell driver version 21.20.1.1834 you recommended but encountered an error. I Google'd the error but didn't find much. I'm logged in to Windows as an admin of the laptop. I'm also right-clicking on the installer and running it as admin.

So I moved on to installing the driver version 21.70.0.6 you recommended from Intel's website. Windows' Device Manager confirms that the laptop is now running that version. I'll check in the morning as to whether the "Dump after return from D3 after cmd" system events occur while the laptop is in standby mode.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CWate5, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, go ahead and test the laptop, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

No change. The laptop is still recording the 7025/7026 events throughout the night:Wireless Events.png

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CWate5, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Just to let you know, it is strange that the Wireless driver provided by Dell did not get installed on your computer, it should work with no problems in that platform.

I was looking at Dell's web site and there are different Wireless drivers available for your system, one of the versions says "Urgent" as you can see in the link below.

Also, there is a Wireless driver for Qualcomm showing in there, so what we recommend at this point is to get in contact directly with Dell for them to confirm which is the proper driver for the unit, to check why it says 'Urgent" and for them to provide further technical suggestions on this matter, a BIOS update might be needed or since the problem happened since day 1 it could also related to hardware:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-14-5400-laptop/drivers

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

If the problem persists after that, please provide a screenshot of "Device Manager" clicking on "Network Adapters" so we can see which ones are listed.

Additionally, please provide the SSU report so we can verify the current components in your computer:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CWate5, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

Thanks. I'm checking with my support department for guidance.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CWate5, Thank you very much for providing the report and those updates.

According to the information showing in there, the BIOS version installed is Dell Inc. 1.6.5, from 12/26/2019 12:00 AM, there is an update on that same version from 08 Jan 2020, please install those updates:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=d0y2h&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-14-5400-laptop

Also, for testing purposes, please uninstall the Intel® Graphics driver and install the Microsoft inbox driver following the instructions in the link below, the reason for this is to confirm if the problem only happens when the Intel® driver is installed. The Microsoft inbox driver does not have all the functionalities the Intel® driver has, so we want to verify if that makes a difference in reference to the error message showing:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Once you get the chance please let us know the results, since the problem could be related to the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card itself.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

The BIOS update you reference, although having an 08-Jan-2020 date, is the same version I already have installed; i.e., v1.6.5:

Dell BIOS Update Page.png

Dell BIOS Update.png

All of the other items in the list are up-to-date, too.

I'll work on the driver change you described.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

My hardware support person has given me approval to perform the driver change you described. He also asked me to point out that the following events are also appearing in the event log, indicating a possible hardware failure as the cause of the events appearing during standby mode.

Log Name: System

Source: Netwtw08

Date: 2/6/2020 11:16:24 PM

Event ID: 5005

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: US40273

Description:

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Source: Netwtw08

Event ID: 5002

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

Description:

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS

Event ID: 10400

Level: Warning

Keywords:

Description:

The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

I had to repeat the steps multiple times to remove and delete the (presumably) older versions of the driver. After the most recent removal/delete/reboot, there was no longer an option to delete the driver software -- so now I'm (presumably) running the 'Microsoft inbox driver'.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

Events were generated again overnight, last night, while the laptop was in standby mode. I confirmed that I'm still using the Microsoft driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CWate5, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Based on the fact that the problem persists even with the Microsoft inbox driver installed that will indicate, at this point, that there could be a hardware problem with the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card itself.

Microsoft's inbox driver does not provide all the functionalities that the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the laptop has, that is why we wanted to confirm if the issue remains when installing that driver.

So the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Dell for them to provide further assistance on this matter in reference to the hardware problem:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CWate5
Novice

Thanks. Our hardware support department replaced the wireless card over lunch today. I'm curious to see if it resolves the issue (overnight). Obviously, I'm still using the Microsoft driver.

Alberto_R_Intel

CWate5, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Once you get the chance please let us know if the issue was resolved by replacing the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CWate5, I just wanted to confirm if the problem got resolved by replacing the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CWate5, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos