Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Error [00000524] upgrading Proset "The specified account already exists"

DMelv
Beginner

I keep getting this error 524 "The specified account already exists" when upgrading the PROset Wireless Software. I'm unable to uninstall previous version as I get the same error.

Win 7 pro 64 Dell XPS17 with Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Intel update driver utility says current version is 15.4.1.1 Latest version is 15.11.0.7

Anyone got any idea what is causing this error and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DMelv
Beginner

Thanks Joe, I saw this thread but as the description of the error was different I didn't think it would resolve my problem.

I found the files Wifi.msi and Wifi.cab files in the temp directory and copied them to the C:/Windows/Installer folder as suggested.

This solution fixed the error and the upgrade completed without a hitch.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Another community member (Rstr) experienced the same error in the second page of this discussion:

The correct answer and other suggestions are given in the first page.

DMelv
Beginner

Thanks Joe, I saw this thread but as the description of the error was different I didn't think it would resolve my problem.

I found the files Wifi.msi and Wifi.cab files in the temp directory and copied them to the C:/Windows/Installer folder as suggested.

This solution fixed the error and the upgrade completed without a hitch.

Thanks.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Great! It was not the same exact error but I just thought you should give it a try.

0 Kudos