Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Event ID 5060 from source NETwNb64

sougato97
Beginner

I am using a Lenovo y50 laptop having "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" as the NIC. I looked up every possible solution, intel doesn't have any.

Tried every possible solution myself,

1) upgrading and downgrading my intel driver

2) formatting my OS ( Win 10 Home - 20H2 ), downgrading my win 10 version to 1909

3) changing my network adapter ( yes!!! my intel ac 7260 )

4) used different network routers and diff ISPs too.

But alas, nothing changed. Facing this problem for the last 4 months, but realised that this is an age-old intel problem. Probably more than 10 yrs, and neither intel nor Microsoft has any solution. I tried MS support, understood that I do have more knowledge than those people. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

sougato97, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

You mentioned, "Changing the network adapter", that other Intel® Wireless card is it the same model?

What was the reason why you replaced the Intel® Wireless card in the first place? Was it also because of "Event ID 5060 from source NETwNb6"?

When did the issue start?

In reference to "Event ID 5060 from source NETwNb6"?", what is the problem with the Wireless connection? Are you able to get connected to it and randomly disconnects or you cannot establish a Wireless connection at all?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
sougato97
Beginner

Thanks for taking my issue into notice.

1) The routers I am using are "Nokia g-140w-c" and "TP-Link Archer C50 AC1200". 

2) no this is not a new computer, been using since 2016, and was working fine.

3) I have changed the network adapter but its the same model ( Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 ) and same part number. And yes, it's because of "Event ID 5060 from source NETwNb6". 

4) Issue came to my notice from august 2020.

5) Wifi randomly disconnects, at that time I am not able to view any wireless network and in the task manager Wifi doesn't appear. But after a few seconds, I am able to see all the available wifi networks near my place and also the "WIFI" section in the task manager. Then I am able to reconnect to my network.

6) I have attached 2 SSU report one with my old network card, another one with my new NIC.

0 Kudos
sougato97
Beginner

Hi, 

This is the ssu report, which includes everything. Please check this report.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello sougato97, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

sougato97, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU reports.

According to the SSU report, the Wireless driver version currently installed is 18.33.17.1, which is the latest driver available on our Intel® web site. Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Lenovo's web site and the latest Wireless driver they have available in there is version 18.12.0.3, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
sougato97
Beginner

I have tried that solution too, but is there any other possible reason for this unexpected error 5060?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

sougato97, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

In reference to "but is there any other possible reason for this unexpected error 5060?" Yes, even though you mentioned you tired "upgrading and downgrading my intel driver", not sure if you already tested the Intel® Generic Wireless driver, please try a clean installation of driver version 18.33.17.1 following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Family

Just to let you know, when you install an Intel® Wireless card on a laptop, that is what we called a "Wireless Integration" and even though you replace the Intel® Wireless card for the same model, still, there are some things to take into consideration, like for example the compatibility of all the parts. 

So, try the clean installation of the driver and if the problem persists after that please provide the SSU report so we can further assist you with this matter:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
sougato97
Beginner

Thanks, I will share the report if I face the problem again. Just to inform, it occurs randomly without any pattern. After changing the NIC, I don't know why but the frequency of the error has drastically reduced. Before changing I used to face once every 10-15 minutes, now it occurs once every 5-6 days maybe.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

sougato97, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those updates.

You said "Before changing I used to face once every 10-15 minutes, now it occurs once every 5-6 days maybe.", as you mentioned, that is a considerable drastic change in reference to the frequency of the error, we are glad to hear that it does not happen so often anymore.

So yes, go ahead and keep monitoring the wireless connection and if you need further assistance please provide the SSU report, hopefully, there will be no more issues.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello sougato97, I just wanted to check if there are still problems with the Wireless connection and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello sougato97, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
sougato97
Beginner

Thanks, for your support. I think maybe my problem is solved, as it didn't resurface for a long time. Installed the driver from Lenovo support page. 

0 Kudos