Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Experiencing extensive daily disconnections. internet provider said its wireless adapter as they were connected when i was connecting and disconnecting.

EDieh
Beginner

Dell Laptop: Inspiron 17R 5737

Internet service provider: Spectrum

Internet speed: 100Mbps

Wireless-N 7260 (driver vs 18.33.15.1)

Running Windows 10 ver 1809 OS Built 17763.379

Intel Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Clock Speed: 2.3Ghz

L2 Cache Size: 256

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have any wireless dongles and devices (i.e. mice, keyboard) plugged into your laptop?

Doc

0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Al, thank you so much for answering. I have a Amazon Basics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver (2.4 GHz) hooked up, that I disconnected and rebooted the computer after your responce. After 7 hours with the mouse being disconnected I have since hooked it back up as eliminating the mouse did not solve the problem. A friend told me to create and upload file "netsh wlan show wlanreport" which I have attached.Also, I looked though the report, but have no idea how to interpret the file.

Thank you again

ED

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Is the Intel® Wireless-N 7260 the wireless adapter that came pre-installed on the system? • Do you have any error code on device manger? • Have you tried a clean install of the wireless driver? Try the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers first then you can try the Intel® drivers on the system. you can follow the steps on the following link to complete the clean wireless driver install (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh, Were you able to collect the information requested and try the clean installation of the driver? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo, sorry for the delay. I did a clean installation of the driver as I have done many times prior. Below is the driver info. A clean installation does not work as I continuously get disconnected. I started keeping a log sometime ago then stopped and recently started again. Copy attached.

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Availability: Running at full power

Installed: True

MAC Address: FC:F8:AE:A7:EE:BE

Service Name: NETwNb64

Driver Provider: Intel

Driver Version: 18.33.15.1

Driver Date: 11/11/2018

Device Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_44628086&REV_73\FCF8AEFFFFA7EEBE00

Revision: 73

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Leo forgot to mention.

Is the Intel® Wireless-N 7260 the wireless adapter that came pre-installed on the system? Yes the driver came preinstalled

Do you have any error code on device manger? No errors even when disconnected.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for the updates, i would like to confirm the following information: Do you have the same behavior if you connect other system to the network? Do you have the same behavior if you connect the DELL™ Inspiron 17R 5737 to a different network? Does your access point supports the N wireless band? Try looking into the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html) to configure the adapter the according to the network (router) configuration. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Have you tested the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo, the tested steps you provided was beyond my expertise, so I a friend came over today and checked the settings and said they all match and settings are OK.

Other answers.

Do you have the same behavior if you connect other system to the network? My wife's laptop connects to the network without disconnecting. Also, out two cell phones has no problems.

Do you have the same behavior if you connect the DELL™ Inspiron 17R 5737 to a different network? Never has the DELL connected to another network.

Does your access point supports the N wireless band? Spectrum said the router/modem supports N wireless band.

NOTE: When my Dell laptop disconnects my cell phone is connected to the network. Also, when Spectrum came out to check for problems and my laptop keep disconnecting and his laptop was connected (I gave him my password to connect to my network).

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for the information. Have you tested the system using the driver provided by the DEL for your Intel® Wireless-N 7260? Try this driver with ta clean install of the wireless driver. Download link for DELL drivers: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-17r-5737/drivers If the behavior persists after the testing we recommend contacting DELL for inside about the issue since this could bee a hardware related issue. DELL support: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04 Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo,

I went to Dell and all drivers are update, nothing to download as drivers are up to date. I have spoken to Dell they said this is a continous problem with the Inter driver after changing from the original Windows ver 8.1 to Windows 10. I would have changed back to Win vs 8.1 but Win 10 took away the option of going back to the original 8.1 OS by some how changing or restricting assess to the D: partition.

The original driver that came with the Dell Laptop is no longer available for download on dell.com. So I'm beginning to think I'm screw ( please excuse the term) without purchasing a new computer. Also, Microsoft was no help what so ever, but great on taking the cash as well as Dell.

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for waiting. Can you try the new driver 21.0.0 on the system? Download link for the wireless driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28687/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150 If the behavior still persists after the install of the drivers we recommend contacting DELL due to of a possible hardware issue. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo,

I downloaded driverWiFi_21.0.0_Driver64_Win10 in a new folder. When deleting N 7260, it asked if I wanted to perminitly delet the driver, I selected yes. I clicked on the new driver for install and N 7260 reinstalled, not the new file, so I tried again same thing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo,

I downloaded driverWiFi_21.0.0_Driver64_Win10 in a new folder. When deleting N 7260, it asked if I wanted to perminitly delet the driver, I selected yes. I clicked on the new driver for install and N 7260 reinstalled, not the new file, so I tried again same thing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for the information. Can you follow the clean install of the wireless driver? Reference link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo,

I have tried to uninstall the driver, using the instructions provider. However, after reboot the N 7260 driver automatically installed after reboot. For some reason the driver N 7260 installed all by itself and cannot be permanently deleted.

Thank you in advance.

EDieh

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for the information. • What is the driver that is installed the system? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1. Run the utility. 2. Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3. Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh Thank you for your private reply with the TXT file, unfortunately the TXT does not include the SSU report requested, could you run the SSU tool and save the report to attach it on the thread (you can follow the steps provided previously). Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EDieh
Beginner

Hi Leo, lol, sorry I get confused easily these days., I sent the correct file, and will attache one here as well just in-case...

Thank you,

EDieh

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDieh After looking Into your SSU report, I am noticing that the wireless driver version installed is the 18.33.15.1 which according to the driver Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 21.0.0 release notes (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28687/eng/ReleaseNotes_WiFi_21.0.0.pdf) is the correct driver version for the installation on the system, in this case, is the system is presenting the same behavior we recommend reporting it to the OEM (DELL™). Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos