Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Extremely slow wifi when game starts

slazernomad
Beginner

Strange things happening with my laptop. I use it near the 5 hhz router, but several times for a day when I run "hot" game like COD Warzone my laptop wifi starts to glitch. It's speed becomes about 1 mbps instead of 100.
I tried everything. I checked my bios, I updated drivers, uninstalled them. I removed every killer driver or service. I founds some related topics in internet, so I used killer remove software, blocked windows driver update and restricted to install any rivet/killer software. Then I used clean intel ax201 driver since it's the same as killer ax1650i.

I suppose you will suggest me to check the router. I already did. All other devices works fine. They have full operators 100 mbps speed. Only my laptop has 1 mbps and this is definitely happens after I run a game, I'm a tech guy so I checked every router setting. It does not have QOS or any other services to cut the speed. BUT!!! The strange thing is that if I reboot my router , the issue fixed for some time. But then later it happens again.
So the steps: I have speed 100 mbps, everything is fine. Then I run warzone and after few minutes I get a high ping and test shows 1 mbps speed. If I close game speed raises a bit but it's just about 10 mpbs. Laptop reboot does not help. Only router reboot. I believe it's some driver issue, but I tried everything. Also I tried different routers. I red few articles about killer software issues that causes things like this, but I removed everything . I even tried to install windows 11. I hope you can help me.  BTW I didn't have this issue during a year with this laptop and this router. Router settings are the same, it's just a 5 hhz repeater(tried other routers with 5 hhz as well).

I don't have any conflicts with other devices. Only 3 devices in the area. The only changes happen - laptop software updated. Hope you will help to find the reason...

I'll attach a system info I've got during last experiments. Also I want to point that I removed EVERY rivet/killer drivers and services and installed latest wifi driver from intel website.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello slazernomad,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the model name of the router?

2. Can you take a video where we can see the issue?

3. Have you tried version 22.80.1?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

4. Was the issue present while you used the latest GIGABYTE drivers?

5. Have you updated the BIOS version?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello slazernomad,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello slazernomad,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Bear in mind that Internet speed relies on the ISP and the best is to verify that the PC operating system is properly configured, that the card is working properly, and also that the AP is tested. Based on your report, you have an Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) and not a Killer product.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos