Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Frequent errors during sleep leading to random crashes

andyvxi
Beginner

Hi,

I have Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz in my notebook, and am experiencing frequent (as in every 30-60 seconds) Windows (10 & now 11) system errors 7025/7026, which leads to a crash and reboot every few days. Previously I would only see the 7025/7026 errors. On the last occasion I noticed additional errors relating to the NIC as follows:

7025 - Dump after return from D3 before cmd
7026 - Dump after return from D3 after cmd
5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)
5005 - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
5002 - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

While in general use, everything works fine, however I'll randomly find the machine has crashed and restarted due to some problem with the NIC or drivers. I've tried tweaking numerous settings, performed a clean windows install, and tried numerous drivers both from the manufacturer and Intel, all to no avail.

I'd really appreciate some assistance in resolving this please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

andyvxi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the notebook?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? 

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
andyvxi
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the reply. Answers are as follows:

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05)

New. Purchased August this year. It's in warranty, but I'd prefer to avoid sending it away if possible.

The problem has existed since day 1 without changes.

The wireless card came with the machine.

Currently running Windows 11, but Windows 10 prior to that.

The machine has only been operating at home.

SSU attached.

Best regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi andyvxi, Thank ypou very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the information in the SSU report, the wireless driver currently installed in your computer is version 22.80.1.1., which is the driver provided by Intel®.

Just to let you know, the Intel® wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific notebook. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's website and the latest wireless driver version they have available there is 22.0.1.1_6001.0.10.320_V15. Even though you mentioned that you already tested the drivers provided by Lenovo, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-slim-7-14are05/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

"I've tried tweaking numerous settings", not sure if you already saw this before, still, in the link below you will find the "Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings" where you will be able to see some troubleshooting steps to try changing different settings related to the Intel® wireless card:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/wireless/legacy-intel-wireless-products.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with Lenovo support to make sure the latest BIOS version is the one currently running on the machine or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello andyvxi, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Hello andyvxi, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos