Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Getting really tired of this garbage onboard Bluetooth Adapter

Bongo2k
Beginner

I've updated the drivers from MSIs website and that hasn't fixed the issue, the only way to get the Bluetooth adapter working again is to unplug my PC from the wall and plug it back in again. This is infuriating as I am having to do it a few times a day in some cases.
1GuLrbd

When this happens I can't search for Bluetooth devices, windows tells me I don't have Bluetooth enabled and no amount of drivers or restarting fixes this issue.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Feels like USB issue (remember that Bluetooth devices have USB interface). Are you sure your configuration of the USB port is at defaults in the BIOS?

...S

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

I haven't changed a single thing to do with USB...

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Bongo2k,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel Wireless Bluetooth, I will be glad to help you.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What is the model of your Intel wireless adapter?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Did the issue start after any hardware change or driver/OS update?
  • Is Wi-Fi working fine?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

AC-3168

Yes it is the original

No, this has been an ongoing issue for a while.

I use ethernet so I don't know.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

Please make sure Windows is updated to its latest version and perform a clean installation of the latest Bluetooth drivers 22.200.0 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html) following the steps in this article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html)

If the issue persists, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

I just happened 2 minutes ago so updating the drivers did nothing. I use Bluetooth for my mouse(and my headphones until this started happening) so it's highly annoying when it just randomly decides to stop working.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

Please also try the latest Bluetooth driver recommended by MSI 22.180.0.2 (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI/support#driver).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner
As I already stated in my original post I was using these drivers before I installed the Intel drivers that were mentioned above...
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Bongo2k

Just to confirm, did you try the Clean installation process using the Intel drivers

In cases it didn't work, Does the same issue happen after a Clean installation using the MSI drivers

It's a different process compared to the normal driver installation.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

I've already tried that, it still happens

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for the confirmation.

I will keep working on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Bongo2k,

Thank you for your patience.

Please follow these steps:

• Update the BIOS to the latest version, you can find it by going to the board manufacturer website.
  • Disable and enable Bluetooth from BIOS.
  • Make sure the antennas are properly seated.
  • Reseat the adapter.

As well, proceed to restart Bluetooth services by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and enter “services.msc” followed by the ENTER key.
  2. Find “Bluetooth support service” in the list of services, on the left side, click on restart.
  3. Start the service and restart your computer.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

Reseat the adapter? Do you see the it in this picture cause I don't...

Review-MSI-X570-Gaming-Edge-1

I'm not taking my motherboard apart in the off chance it might fix this issue...

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

You are correct, it does not have an adapter that can be reseated.

Could you please confirm you have tried the other applicable steps? If so, was there any change?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you perform the steps recommended or if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bongo2k
Beginner

Do I really have to update my bios??? There has not been a single mention of any changes to the onboard Bluetooth and updating thne bios resets all my settings....

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We always recommend updating the BIOS as it could include fixes for the device, and it would help us to isolate the issue.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I would like to know if you were you able to check my previous post.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos