Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

HDMI causing WIFI to drop

sdarkoa23
Novice

I've had my hdmi cord connected to another monitor for a couple of years now and everything was working fine. However, I went away for a bit and stopped using my second monitor and after I came back this issue started. I updated the driver for my Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560, but that hasn't fixed the issue and neither has a new hdmi cord. I first tried switching my wireless value to 5ghz from dual band a/g and that seemed to fix the issue but after an hour the laptop couldn't even find my wireless network but when I disconnect the 2nd monitor, the network reappears with 600Mbps download/200Mbps upload. I've tried the other 2.4ghz and dual band channels and while they work, all of the have major drops in wifi speed (i get about 65Mbps download/40Mbps) upload and if I attempt to use my VPN my Mbps drops below 1.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening to your processor, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)? 
  2. What is the OS running on your laptop? 
  3. What is the driver version that is giving you issues? 
  4. What is the name of the test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? 
  5. Run this utility and attach the report: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
sdarkoa23
Novice

Hi Jocelyn,

1.  pre-installed
  2. Windows 11
  3. under the wireless card properties the driver is intel 22.190.0.4
  4. i'm using the Measurement Lab test that first pops up when you google internet speed test (it looks like it's built into the google search result https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=internet+speed+test)
  5. see attachment
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23

Thank you for the information provided. 

I noticed a couple of things, please make sure of the following: 

1. I noticed that your Laptop Manufacturer's website doesn't have any drivers or BIOS version for Windows 11 regarding your Laptop model, Did you make sure your Laptop supports it? I recommend asking your Laptop Manufacturer if Windows 11 is supported by your Laptop since laptops are often made with limitations. 
  2. Along with this, make sure you have the latest BIOS version on your laptop. 
  3. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driverNote: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 
  4. Make sure your Router and Laptop have the same wireless standards, Wi-Fi speeds will be limited by the lower of the two standards.  
  5. Set the correct wireless standard (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax) following the instructions in the article Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings under Wireless Modes. Contact the Router manufacturer for assistance with router settings. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
sdarkoa23
Novice

I still need to try out the solution sorry for the delay

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23

Thank you for your response. 

Don't worry about it, I will be waiting for your updates then. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sdarkoa23.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos