Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

HELP ME-X470 TAICHI MOB-INTEL WIRELESS ADAPTER AC3168 SERIOUS PROBLEM

CTs
Beginner

HELLO.RECENTLY I BUILD A NEW DESKTOP.I AM FACING A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH AC 3168 ADAPTER.MY MOTHERBOARD IS X470 ASROCK TAICHI.FIRST OF ALL I HAVE UPDATED ALL DRIVERS RIGHT FOR AC3168 TO THE LASTEST VERSION 19.51.14.1. MY WIFI KEEPS DISCONECTING ALL THE TIME. WHEN I AM CONNECTED TO MY ROUTER MANY TIMES I DONT HAVE INTERNET.IT SHOWS A YELLOW IMAGE ON WIFI ICON AND SAYS NO INTERNET CONNECTION. MY ROUTER SUPPORTS 802.11 b/g and n PROTOCOLS. I HAVE CHANGED WIRELESS PROPERTIES TO SUPPORT 802.11/N BUT FINALLY IT CONNECTS ME ON 802.11/G PROTOCOL.MY INTERNET SPEED IS 50MBPS AND MY PC IS ONLY 4 METERS AWAY AND IT GIVES ME ONLY 5MBPS CONNECTION WHILE MY LAPTOP AT THE SAME DISTANCE GIVES ME 30MBPS AND 802.11/N PROTOCOL.MY SIGNAL STRENGTH ON AC3138 IS GOOD.I HAVE ALSO UPDATE MOB'S BIOS TO THE LASTEST VERSION BUT NOTHING HAPPENED.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?PLEASE HELP ME

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try the following:

1. Ensure you have latest Intel Bluetooth and Wireless packages downloaded and sitting on AC3168 machine.

2. Disconnect from internet (if using wireless, shutdown router temporarily) until told otherwise.

3. Completely uninstall Intel Bluetooth and Wireless packages. If asked about saving config, say no.

4. From Control Panel, check if Intel drivers still assigned to Bluetooth or Wireless device. Uninstall if so. Repeat until it says no driver assigned (for Bluetooth, Microsoft Bluetooth driver ok).

5. Reboot.

6. Install Intel Bluetooth driver and then Wireless driver packages. Order *is* important.

7. Shutdown.

8. Reconnect internet.

9. Boot up.

10. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

CTs
Beginner

Thank you for your advice my friend.It seems that wireless working better now.

0 Kudos