Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

HP Omen with AX211 can't see Bell Gigahub 6Ghz network

Jaubi
Beginner

Hello I have issue with my HP omen 17 CK100 to find and see 6Ghz network.

I have received my Gigahub (Bell wifi6E modem) this morning as I have now a wifi 6E AX211 wifi card but I can't see any 6Ghz network.

My CPU is : Intel 12800HX

I have enabled modem to show different SSID for the different Antenna (2.4/5/6Ghz) and I have also tried to install several different drivers :

- 22.45.1.1 (saw on different forums that it has resolved issue for some people)
- 22.100.0.3 (direclty from HP support page)
- 22.180.0.4 (direclty from HP support page)
- 22.200.0.6 (last intel released driver)- 22.200.1.1 (Cab driver and not officialy released)

So I am kind of lost right now as I can't succeed to see 6Ghz networks with my wifi card.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Jaubi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Were you able to ever see 6Ghz networks before on this specific machine?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides getting a new router, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jaubi
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Jaubi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Were you able to ever see 6Ghz networks before on this specific machine?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides getting a new router, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Is this a new computer? Yes it's a new computer (received 2 weeks ago)

Were you able to ever see 6Ghz networks before on this specific machine? Just received the new modem (yesterday), So I never been able to test before. The previous one wasn't wifi 6E.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides getting a new router, that might cause this issue? No change of hardware. I juste updated the laptop with latest drivers availble and W11 to 22H2 version last week. Also I tried several different drivers yesterday for the wifi card only

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? it is the wifi card installed by the constructor (HP here)

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? it's at home. Do not use my laptop at work.

Please find the SSU attached.

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Jaubi, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In the following link you will find additional details about the 6GHz connection that will be useuful for you, even though it shows it is for a different card model, it will also applies to the one you are using:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087538/wireless/intel-wi-fi-6e-products.html

Accroding to the SSU document, the wireless driver currently installed on your computer is version 22.200.1.1.

It is important to mention that we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. Additionally, just to let you know, the Intel® wireless drivers are generic and they might not work as expected with your machine.

I looked on HP's website and besides the driver versions you already tested, 22.100.0.3 and 22.180.0.4, I found version 22.120.0.3 Rev.A. For testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-17.3-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-17-ck0000/2100371661/swItemId/ob-295588-1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

We also recommend to get in contact with HP Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your computer or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jaubi
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Jaubi, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In the following link you will find additional details about the 6GHz connection that will be useuful for you, even though it shows it is for a different card model, it will also applies to the one you are using:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087538/wireless/intel-wi-fi-6e-products.html

Accroding to the SSU document, the wireless driver currently installed on your computer is version 22.200.1.1.

It is important to mention that we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. Additionally, just to let you know, the Intel® wireless drivers are generic and they might not work as expected with your machine.

I looked on HP's website and besides the driver versions you already tested, 22.100.0.3 and 22.180.0.4, I found version 22.120.0.3 Rev.A. For testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-17.3-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-17-ck0000/2100371661/swItemId/ob-295588-1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

We also recommend to get in contact with HP Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your computer or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

Hello Albert, 

I have tried to install several new different drivers this weekend :

I have also received a new modem as previous one was defective (seral non expected reboot or disconnection).

So I tried again the long list of drivers but still nothing. All the HP drivers do not worked too. 

Any other ideas ? 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jaubi, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the suggestions provided previously.

We will now do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jaubi
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Hello Jaubi, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the suggestions provided previously.

We will now do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Thank you Alberto, 

Just to let you know my bios have the last version too. 

Thank you again for your help

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jaubi, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case and based on the fact that you already tested different drivers from OEM and Intel® generic, from oldest to newest and the issue still happens, it does not seem to be an issue related to the drivers, this could be a misconfiguration on router settings or maybe at an Operating System level.

Besides that, the use of the 6GHz band may be prohibited by regulatory bodies in your country or might not be enabled on your platform by the system manufacturer. 

Just to confirm:

Have you contacted HP to make sure 6GHz is enabled on this system?

Have you tested another AP 6GHz capable?

Please make sure the router's firmware is in the latest version and the proper settings are selected. In order to verify those details we recommend to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the Router.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jaubi
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

I hope you are doing well.

I'll give you a quick update on my last tests since your last message. 

So yes I call HP and they confirmed me that it should work with my laptop. I had also confirmation from 2 guys on reddit with exactly the same model as mine that it's working well for them to connect on 6Ghz band with AX211. 

Finally as I wanted to validated from where the issue come from, I bought a Netgear Wifi6E A8000 USB wifi card. And it's working like a charm with it. So I have the confirmation that the issue is coming from my laptop and probably the wifi card. 

Do you have any more ideas as I have been able to confirm that the issue do not come from the modem/router ?

Thank you and have a great day

Jaubi

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jaubi, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Yes, with this new information of the Netgear Wifi6E A8000 USB wifi card working with no problems and taking into consideration that from our side we tried our best and provide all the troubleshooting steps that we normally recommend for this scenario, it seems that there is a hardware problem with the Intel® wireless card itself. 

Based on that we suggest to get in contact with HP Support directly to claim the warranty on the laptop, especially now that they confirmed the wireless card should work with no problems with your computer.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jaubi
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for your help.

I have followed your advice and I have opened a support request with HP to send my laptop to be repaired.

Let you know if I have some updates.

0 Kudos