Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Having a problem with my wifi connection constant dropping. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462

Jasper026
Beginner

Having a problem with my wifi connection constant dropping. every few mins and then reconnecting again

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462

lenovo ideapad S145

attach the file of my SSU scan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Jasper026, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately, or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jasper026
Beginner

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router? AN5506-04-FS

Is this a new computer? yes, LENOVO IDEAPAD S145

When did you purchase it? HALF A MONTH AGO

Was it working fine before? YES

When did the issue start? 2 MONTHS AGO

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? WINDOWS UPDATE ONLY

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately, or did it come installed on the computer? ALREADY INSTALLED UPON PURCHASED

Which Windows* version are you using? WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? HOME

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Jasper026, Thank you very much for providing that information.

According to the details shown in the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 21.90.3.2 provided by Lenovo. We always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform, that should be the proper driver for your computer tested and validated by them.

Since the problem persists while using that driver, even though the Intel® drivers are generic and they might or might not work with your system, for testing purposes, we can try a clean installation of Intel® generic wireless driver version 22.80.1.1 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=intel%20wireless%20ac%209462

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with Lenovo support to verify that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your laptop or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jasper026, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jasper026, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos