Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Help with DUAL BAND WIRELESS AC 3168

TUNDE1
Beginner

I have a AC3168 wireless card. I am trying to dedicate my card to running only on the 5ghz 802.11ac network but whenever I set the wireless card settings to that it disconnect from the internet. 5ghz 802.11n works completely fine. As does and 2.4 ghz network. Help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

TUNDE1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

If you have the option, please change the channel width of the 5GHz band to 20Hz and let us know the results so we can further assist you.

• Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  • Click Device Manager.
  • Click the - sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  • Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  • Click the Advanced tab to configure the advanced settings.
  • Highlight the 802.11 channel width for band 5Ghz and the change the value from "Auto" to 20Hz:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TUNDE1
Beginner
Here’s all the info you should need. My router is the current xfinity xfi router. I am only having issues connecting to the 802.11ac network. Every other network runs fine. The wireless card did come pew installed. This was a pre build that I added the graphics card in to. I Know exactly where that setting is you mentioned. And have no tried that route. Will follow up when I get home to my pc. Thanks, Ty Ps. I’m wired in so don’t sweat this as an emergency by any means. I’m just trying to figure out why it’s not hitting it top speeds wirelessly when clearly the WiFi card is an AC card.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

TUNDE1, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, excellent, take your time, once you get the chance please let us know the results of testing the 5 GHz band with a channel width of 20Hz.

Any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

TUNDE1, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the 5 GHz band with a channel width of 20Hz and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello TUNDE1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
TUNDE1
Beginner
I haven’t been home from Holliday since I left. Will be checking Saturday but like I said I’m wired in so not a huge deal!
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

TUNDE1, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Perfect, excellent, no problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

TUNDE1, I just wanted to check if you had the chance to change the channel width to 20Hz and if the problem persists after that?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello TUNDE1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos